Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

• 2 months later...

Thx teejay.

Still not fitted due to delays at AAM's adaptation to RHD. HaydnH's 350Z, who gets the kit intalled before me, isn't done yet. (Adaptation for 350Z, 370Z is being done at the same time)

So i hope HaydnH gets finished by summer and me thereafter 😕

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by V1H

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Today I've removed my hatch door dead-weight (1.1kg) and deleted the rear wiper, too. Got inspired by John ;)

I prefer the clean look and I never needed/will need the rear wiper anyway. Plug the hole with a 25mm blanking grommet from halfords, which I painted in Pearl White for stealth. Due to the reduced weight, the hatch now also pops open without latching, just like it was from factory before I added the heavier NISMO wing.

Un-installation was a breeze once you got the inside plastic trim off.

Wiper.jpg

WiperDelete.jpg

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

Adrian hasn't contacted me yet about the short shifter. Must be still on back order 😕

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yes, the wait is long. AAM is currently test fitting their 3rd revision of modified exhaust manifold. If all fits this time the 3D printed model can finally be cast. Fingers crossed ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A year passed since the purchase of the AAM Competition Performance Intake Manifold [#AAMC37M].

AAM finally shipped with a complimentary red ceramic coating and free-of-charge CF inserts, big thanks to Adrian@TORQEN!

I took the liberty and gold-lettered the AAM logo.

Now the beauty is in and I love the looks :teeth:

AAM37IM_4.jpg

AAM37IM_5.jpg

A few comments on the installation.

The brass fittings were a tad tricky at first. I re-tapped all threads and all was good. (Probably cause of the ceramic coating). No biggy for me, I had all the tools. I applied PTFE tape to the threads for better seal. Didn't want to use liquid thread sealant in case I want to make use of the currently blanked spare vac ports in the future.

The two front breather hoses need to be shortened cos the barbed fittings are non-stock location. But no drama at all.

The MAP sensor location on the AAM unit is non-stock, too, but the plug reaches just fine once some stock tape is removed and the wire harness slightly re-routed.

Because the AAM plenum is LHD-design and on my RHD the EVAP valve is laterally offset by 38mm, the EVAP wire harness gets stretched to its very limit. It feels a bit uneasy but didnt bother extending it right now.

Additionally, the vac line attached to the EVAP needed to be cut short by 38mm.

Noteworthy, one flange bolt is virtually inaccessible and a PITA to torque down because there's too little head room for a torque wrench with 1/4" extension bar plus swivel joint with socket with a 6mm bit, which is needed for these M8 Allen-bolts. One could get a 6mm Allen key in position but then there'd be no way of measuring torque and the key would still interfere with the two vac&coolant hard lines, so they'd have to be removed. In the end I placed a 6mm bit into this one bolt and cumbersomely hand-tightened it with a 1/4" spanner that sloted onto the bit sideways.

AAM37IM_7.jpg

Bottom line, taken some time it was a simple enough DIY job.

Haven't had opportunity to test drive the car yet but I won't get an individual tune for it but have it all done together with the TT kit.

Edited by V1H

Before that I have been working on installing Torqen S coilovers [#TRQZ34S] together with Stanceparts Air Cup XL Suspension kit - front [#Link].

Coilovers.jpg

ACS_1.jpg

The coilovers I set to the softest damping setting all round (0 clicks)

The rear coils I set to the lowest possible ride height, but could only achieve a drop of 12 mm versus stock. And this I only achieved by taking out one of the two blue collar ring nuts on the coil seat. I feel the rear coils are a tiny bit too tall/stiff. But I'm happy nonetheless.

I re-adjusted rear camber and toe to be OEM spec.

The front ride height I am going to set to 36 mm drop. Toe remained unaffected, but camber is now -2°, slightly out of spec, and can unfortunately not be adjusted at the front. But -2° is nothing crazy, barely noticeable.

Prior to that I needed to install the air cups on top. And because once the front will be lowered I couldn't exit my garage anymore (inclined driveway), I had to also first install the entire air cup suspension system incl. compressor, pneumatics and electrics. Hence the long delay between rear coilover and front coilover installation. Separate post on that adventure to follow.

Here a pic of the stance:

Lowered.jpg

Edited by V1H

engine bay looks class!!

Thanks mate

Looks great. Can't wait to hear about the TT install. When is it taking place?

The RHD-modified turbo parts are apparently shipped and with Adrian. I should get them soon and will re-apply Zircotec primary Rangeâ„¢ Black ceramic coating (I've already had the original turbo housings and downpipes coated before I had to return them to AAM for replacement :dry: ) But I will add both exhaust manifolds to be coated as well.

Zircotec.jpg

Meanwhile we are really just waiting for Jez@Horsham Developments to find time to install the TT kit into HaydnH's 350Z and my 370Z. I'm certain it'll happen this summer :yahoo:

EDIT:

I have completed the coating of all parts. I am ready for the install now!

Zircotec2.jpg

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

engine bay looks class!!

Thanks mate

Looks great. Can't wait to hear about the TT install. When is it taking place?

The RHD-modified turbo parts are apparently shipped and with Adrian. I should get them soon and will re-apply Zircotec primary Rangeâ„¢ Black ceramic coating (I've already had the original turbo housings and downpipes coated before I had to return them to AAM for replacement :dry: ) But I will add both exhaust manifolds to be coated as well.

Zircotec.jpg

Meanwhile we are really just waiting for Jez@Horsham Developments to find time to install the TT kit into HaydnH's 350Z and my 370Z. I'm certain it'll happen this summer :yahoo:

will be good to see this complete!

i want to know what kind of power it is!