Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

Yes, when I swapped my crank pulley I saw the stock one had a rubberized component in it. I agree, the stock clutch/fly does a lot of damping, too. I would not worry at all about a lightweight crank pulley.

A slightly different matter will be when I need to upgrade my clutch/fly for the TT with said Competition Clutch kit. I will still have spring loaded clutch disk but no more dual mass flywheel. Damping will be compromise to some degree.

Given hat I never read about harmonics induced crankshaft failures I take the risk. :surrender:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice write up and very nice Z. Did you get the AAM yourself from the states?. I am wainting for Adrian to get the RHD sorted myself but I was wondering if you had purchased the TT yourself from the States and if so could you pm me how much roughly the cost was. I have a lot of the same mod son my car but the Amuse kit I bought was a copy a mistake I will never make again

Nice write up and very nice Z. Did you get the AAM yourself from the states?. I am wainting for Adrian to get the RHD sorted myself but I was wondering if you had purchased the TT yourself from the States and if so could you pm me how much roughly the cost was.

René is part of the first two customers to get the AAM kits in UK from TORQEN. Once we're finished the 350z HR version, he's going in next :)

Edited by octet@TORQEN

Just built my own race ramps which I need for my low-clearance amuse bumper (previously I had to always remove the bumper before driving onto the red ramps) and I don't see the justification for the £££ of real race ramps.

I used two 2.4m long timber planks, sawed them into wedges, and twelve 4mm thick aluminium sheets (20x20cm). Both from Ebay for £63 total.

Ideal for the install of my new Eibach anti-roll bars this weekend. I'll post some pics soon. :)

home-made%20Race%20Ramps.jpg

Edited by V1H
  • Like 3

Thx @nissanman312.

Adrian just said this two posts ago. I am the next one up:

René is part of the first two customers to get the AAM kits in UK from TORQEN. Once we're finished the 350z HR version, he's going in next :)

Edited by V1H

Hey René,

Just thought I'd check in as hadn't looked at your build thread for a while. You're engineering talents never cease to amaze me, especially given you're self taught! That custom boost gauge is incredible. Can't wait to see the twin turbo install come together. It's also reassuring that I'm not the only one with an insanely loud exhaust set up! I'm thinking of going the Motordyne route to replace the Berks as mated to a Cobra exhaust and Stillen G3 they make the car ridiculously noisy and much like yours on cold start.

Are you free last Sunday of Feb for a get together at RSV? There's a breakfast meet planned and trying to get a convoy together to meet at Knutsford services and then head down. Would be great to see your latest mods first hand, plus I've made a few changes to my car which you might like.

• Like 1

Hey René,

Just thought I'd check in as hadn't looked at your build thread for a while. You're engineering talents never cease to amaze me, especially given you're self taught! That custom boost gauge is incredible. Can't wait to see the twin turbo install come together. It's also reassuring that I'm not the only one with an insanely loud exhaust set up! I'm thinking of going the Motordyne route to replace the Berks as mated to a Cobra exhaust and Stillen G3 they make the car ridiculously noisy and much like yours on cold start.

Are you free last Sunday of Feb for a get together at RSV? There's a breakfast meet planned and trying to get a convoy together to meet at Knutsford services and then head down. Would be great to see your latest mods first hand, plus I've made a few changes to my car which you might like.

Strong work James :)

Take up has been slow this time on the forum :(

Thx James. Can't quite tell yet whether i'll be able to join. I'd surely love to. Right now I'm watching over my latest addition: our 1day old baby boy at the Trinity ward, Chesterfield hospital. He is gorgeous and full time work 😛

• Like 1

Thx James. Can't quite tell yet whether i'll be able to join. I'd surely love to. Right now I'm watching over my latest addition: our 1day old baby boy at the Trinity ward, Chesterfield hospital. He is gorgeous and full time work 😛

Awesome congratulations dude

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found some time to, among changing nappies and prep'ing bottles, install my suspension upgrades, which I sourced through Torqen:

- Eibach Anti-roll Swaybar kit (#6393.320)

- SPL PRO Rear Swaybar Endlinks (#SPL RE Z33)

Eibach1.jpg

Eibach2.jpg

I set both adjustable sway bars to "stiffest".

The front bar is 1.00 kg heavier and 20% thicker than stock.

The rear bar is 1.66 kg heavier and 18% thicker than stock.

I won't get the chance to test drive the setup yet because of the winter weather.

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice, Adrian. My thinking was that I'd like to be able to drift this car one future day for which one would want as little body roll as possible, no?

I have read a stiff rear reduces grip in the wet, which I'm not bothered about since I never drive the car in rain. But I shall try out both settings, neutral and stiff.

Edited by V1H

I'm in softest setting it's nice plenty off grip minimum roll

Good to know ;)

I just googled at the370.com and found following data on the Eibachs.

Based on this I should indeed start with front 1st setting, rear 2nd setting instead of all-out stiffest:

Front stiffness

Stock: 416 lb/in2

Eibach 1st setting: 730 lb/in2 (75% stiffer)

Eibach 2nd setting: 900 lb/in2 (116% stiffer)

Rear stiffness

Stock: 374 lb/in2

Eibach 1st setting: 627 lb/in2 (68% stiffer)

Eibach 2nd setting: 741 lb/in2 (98% stiffer)

Eibach 3rd setting: 860 lb/in2 (130% stiffer)

Edited by V1H

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, after setting my Eibach's to front 1st hole, rear 2nd hole, I had a chance to drive the car for a short distance, yesterday. The change in handling is instantly noticeable. Also, the steering changed noticeably. The feedback is heightened. On streets with surface imperfections and grooves, though, the steering is a bit more 'nervous' and wants to follow it. The rear end feels tightened up, too.

I like the setting now and won't go any stiffer :D