Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

Really like those gauges

I might get one for oil presure

Thx m8. While you can get the gauge pods of course, the boost gauge is home-made. :bangin:

Did I inspire you to a DIY winter project for your very own oil pressure gauge? :lol:

Great read. Be good to see/hear a video of the exhaust.

Can't find right now what I'm looking for, but I can show you a video of my car when it was recently dyno'd. The industrial fan noise overlaps the exhaust sound but you can get an idea. The live exhaust sound was brutally loud, my iPhone won't replicate that.

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

Great read. Be good to see/hear a video of the exhaust.

Can't find right now what I'm looking for, but I can show you a video of my car when it was recently dyno'd. The industrial fan noise overlaps the exhaust sound but you can get an idea. The live exhaust sound was brutally loud, my iPhone won't replicate that.

Yep. That is indeed pretty loud. :)

So is your shock wave louder than the tdx v2 ? Sounds great but boy that's loud ... To loud for me !

From what I understand there is the Shockwave))) 350Z TDX2 and the Shockwave))) 370Z TDX. They are virtually identical in pipe diameter (hybrid 2.5" to 3", muffler and Helmholtz resonators). They ought to sound the same. Note, my exhaust became noticeably louder after I installed the Berk HFCs. With stock cats my Shockwave))) was not quite as loud.

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

A while ago I spray painted my dashboard centre dial (rev/ counter) in red. I love the prominent and race focused look of it.

I used Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint [#363457]. What do you think?

DashDial.jpg

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

I'd love a red 12 o'clock stripe on my steering wheel. How to properly handle the SRS electric connector not to have a CEL later on? Just making sure the battery is disconnected before disassembling the steering wheel?

I think I'm gonna check out RoyalSeeringWheels.com. Thx Bodboarder81 ;)

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went with your recommendation and Jack@RoyalSteeringWheels has done a great job at re-trimming my steering wheel. I've just received it in the post today :)

I went for

Reprofiled + flat bottom

Silver grey alcantara 4978 sides

Perforated leather top&bottom

Red centre band

White stitching

I love the looks and feel!

This is how it look installed, back-to-back.

[Original]

Steering_orig.jpg

[Re-trimmed]

Steering_trim.jpg

• Like 2

It may not convey very well in the image because of the flash light but IMHO the silver alcantara nicely goes with the aluminium trims in the Z's interior. Black alcantara would've been nice too, no doubt, but I wanted it to stand out of all the other black trims, given the exclusivity of this material ;)

Edited by V1H

• 2 weeks later...
At the same time I swapped the heavy stock crank pulley for a Stillen Lightweight crank pulley [#400338-01] made from CNC machined Billet 6061 aluminum and 304 S/S sleeves. Weight 600 g vs stock 2.14 kg. The reduced inertia recovers some otherwise lost HP.

An idle thought — Does the VQ37 engine have a harmonic damper? I am vaguely aware that some lighter/competition pulleys (generally) omit this, meaning that there is an increased risk of crankshaft failure. (Google: pros and cons of lightweight crank pulley). I wonder if this is a consideration on our engines? Is this whole issue just hearsay that we shouldn't worry about?

The dual mass flywheel acts as a bit of a damper as well as the crank pulley (probably similar to the 350z, which has a rubberized component inside it.) I have a lightweight pulley on my z but will eventually swap over to my fluidampr dampened crank pulley as superchagers have more belt slap than standard accessories.

Do I think lightweight items damage the crank, yes, but it depends on your setup how much damage it will cause. (Trade off.)