Which code reader to buy?

Bodyboarder81

Josh, buy an UpRev cable, useful to send logs to Jez in case you have problems, he can tweak your maps and send them over to you so you can upload them, you can check and erase faults etc.

I'm so retarded when it comes to all this I wouldn't have a clue how to upload / download / sideload anything !

How much are they anyway ?

Edited by Bodyboarder81

Josh, buy an UpRev cable, useful to send logs to Jez in case you have problems, he can tweak your maps and send them over to you so you can upload them, you can check and erase faults etc.

I'm so retarded when it comes to all this I wouldn't have a clue how to upload / download / sideload anything !

How much are they anyway ?

£199 from what I remember.

Just got all crazy and spunked £9 :lol: on this one: http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'll let you know when it lands if its any good. If it doesn't work, I'll suck up the £9 and do it properly: http://www.h-dev.co....oducts_id=25507

Superior choice there Stu. The best thing about Cipher is that UpRev claim it uses Nissan proprietary protocols - meaning faster logging rates and higher res data over generic OBD gadgets. My guess is probably half the reason for it's high cost is royalties to Nissan for access to their protocols.

That's cheap, you should see the bill for the MBP you just made me order :lol:

I hope you're pleased with yourself Chris :teeth:

image_zpsasl8uta5.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Its been a couple of years since this was aired and tech/diagnostic products move forward very quickly.

SO; whats a good reasonably priced reader nowadays from your experience?

I dont need some super software based reader but a good one for the Z although I think they are all multi car brand anyway.

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS?

thanks,

Glenn.

1 hour ago, letsgotopless said:

Its been a couple of years since this was aired and tech/diagnostic products move forward very quickly.

I dont need some super software based reader but a good one for the Z although I think they are all multi car brand anyway.

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS?

thanks,

Glenn.

I use this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AC7I7BO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 alongside the Torque app for android.

Works perfectly - most recently used to view an O2 sensor error code and clear it.

You will need one that works via WiFi if you have an iPhone.

I don't think there's been any advancements in OBDII hardware - it's 20+ year old technology now, but it works well so no need to change i guess!

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS?

thanks,

Glenn.