Time to try a different tyre?

AMT

Don't be so bloody silly.

They obviously start from the dust cap! Honestly, youth these days, they just don't think anything through.

i thought they started with the Air,

Sending tankers to below sea level to get the most dense air possible saving monies that way then ship it back

• Like 1

Theres a reason my HR... sits on FK453's and NOT Bridgy's lol...and will be shortly bumping onto MPSS's B) lol (back on topic haha)

Hate to say it but RE050A are worlds better than FK453's, is the reason that you dont like grip? :lol:

To be fair he he didnt say RE50A so maybe hes comparing to the 40s :shrug:

• Like 1

Yes lol The grip on the 453's is pretty good to be honest, I've never had an issue when working it hard through some scenic roads and it does get worked. I am looking forward to seeing how the MPSS's compare though for all the fan fare they get. :thumbs: I'll get them a bit worn in to get 'that' layer thingy on new tyres you get off which wont take long then take it a good run to see whats what. Its good that all four need done so I can put on all the same, don't wanna be doing that mixed sort of stuff you know ... :lol: Only time I've ever struggled with the 453's is when chasing my neighbour in his XKR... my god it corners well. I still feel the Zed has quite fat tyre walls, 45 to me is not 'low profile' as I remember seeing over the years in reviews. I think it would be have better with the Rays being 19inchers

Truth is. 2 out of 100 of you guys are good enough drivers on the road to really see the difference between premium rubber... It's like wine tasting we all think we have an opinion because we sound good, when in reality your talking crap and trying to self justify over spending on rubber that is more at home on a real performance car. End of subject.

Truth is. 2 out of 100 of you guys are good enough drivers on the road to really see the difference between premium rubber... It's like wine tasting we all think we have an opinion because we sound good, when in reality your talking crap and trying to self justify over spending on rubber that is more at home on a real performance car. End of subject.

image_zps7g0pomko.jpg

You're on fire on this thread mate, keep 'em coming.

End of subject.

• Like 4

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So in other words, you have no idea what you're talking about, have been soundly embarrassed by pretty much everyone on here correcting you, and instead of taking in a good natured way (like the ribbing was intended) you've decided to come back and insult everyone? Bravo sir, that is some world-class muppetry logic there! :lol: Truth is, you've weighed in on a subject you clearly know zero about, and instead of listening and learning because, hey, not everyone knows everything, you've just made yourself look like a little man shouting on a big box.

Also, are you saying the Zed isn't a real performance car? :stir:;)

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, are you saying the Zed isn't a real performance car? :stir:;)

This is irrelevant if the Zed is a 'Real' Performance car it could be a Golf diesel,

A large amount of people on here track their cars and have experience on cheap rubber and good rubber and have first hand experience on how the limits of each tyre change,

I have been on both sides of this argument and i still reckon people who use the car posing in London etc they don't need MPSS or anything close

but if you ever do like to get on it The difference between cheap tyres and expensive tyres is unreal I know the video is a repost but i recommend chrisday1990 watches it

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

I do find the 350z to be a rear wheel drive golf r32 with a long wheel base though don't you guys agree. Though without the interior or build quality

Out of interest, have you actually driven anything other than a 350Z and a Golf R32 as thats about the most desperate comparison Ive heard :lol:

Your life must be a constant journey of learning and discovery.

• Like 2

So far I've had Avon ZZ3 and Bridgestone RE050a on the Z. The new wheels came with Goodyear asymmetric 2. The RE050s were ok but very very noisy, The ZZ3S were very good for a budget tyre.

I remember back when I ran a CTR on RE040s it would step out if the road was wet, when I put the first gen Michelin Pilots on it the noise and drive was much better and wet grip was awesome.

I ran Goodyear asymmetric on my old 330ci and they were great as we're the Conti sports on the M3.

The asymmetric 2s thus far are brilliant compared to the bridgestones. Pilot sports are the daddy though and that's what is going on once the goodyears wear out.

I'm also looking to get some winter tyres for the old wheels so any recommendations people may have would be welcome thanks.

So far I've had Avon ZZ3 and Bridgestone RE050a on the Z. The new wheels came with Goodyear asymmetric 2. The RE050s were ok but very very noisy, The ZZ3S were very good for a budget tyre.

I remember back when I ran a CTR on RE040s it would step out if the road was wet, when I put the first gen Michelin Pilots on it the noise and drive was much better and wet grip was awesome.

I ran Goodyear asymmetric on my old 330ci and they were great as we're the Conti sports on the M3.

The asymmetric 2s thus far are brilliant compared to the bridgestones. Pilot sports are the daddy though and that's what is going on once the goodyears wear out.

I'm also looking to get some winter tyres for the old wheels so any recommendations people may have would be welcome thanks.

I put Michelin Alpin PA4s (I think there's a PA5 on the way?) on last winter, they were very capable throughout, but I didn't get a chance for the ultimate test of snow, just cold and a fair bit of heavy rain on a eur jaunt. TBH I wouldn't go to the trouble of refitting them this winter (unless it gets bleak) as the MPSS feel winter capable to me (I'm not trying to start a winter rubber debate) and I do carry emergency snow socks and drive a lot less heavy footed in the cold :lol: but if I do by some wheels and keep the Rays, I'd do the swap.

• Like 1

My train of thought with winter rubber is purely based on the fact I now have a spare set of wheels. I certainly wouldn't bother otherwise that's for sure :)

Plus when I move the car on the new owner will have the incentive of a winter set as part of the sale.