Time to try a different tyre?

AMT

Mixing tyres though... :thumbdown:;):lol:

true ........... but unlikely to be thrashing it round corners :blush:

should get another 5000 or so out of the rears (P Zero Rossos) which should be ready for change (by my estimate) just before winter sets in

Having just purchased a new set of MPSS for my Z, the price of them isn't bad at all, I managed to get a full set for OEM sizes for £486. For that price, I think it's daft not to go for them.

I had a full set of MPSS a few weeks ago, they were 600 for the full set but thats in 19s and 275 on the rear and 245 on the front. So far i'm impressed with them, I would definitely recommend them

At those prices it really is a no brainer not to use them and the 19" MPSS are now about half the price I paid back in 2013.

I will be changing to MPSS on the AMG from the current Continentals when needed but then the current grip with the AWD is in a different league altogether - no more waiting for the roundabout exit before flooring it :teeth:. But then I also miss balancing the power with the grip in those situations, when the roads were dry :(.

I have spent a small fortune experimenting with all the leading brands of so called summer tyres and I'm not going to slag any particular brand as every car has an individual set up with ref to power,wheel size,dry weather and maybe a trackday/Motorsport bias.

In my experience with the events I do the Michelin pilot SS is the best all round tyre by a big margin and are even a match for the toyo 888rs which I run on my rays once they have a couple of laps of heat in them.

• Like 1

I'd be changing my tyres on a performance car around 3mm, unless on 888s when they only come with just over that from the factory. If you're around that, might be worth thinking about jumping now, you can always put the old tyres on eBay and someone else will snatch them up. :)

I'm a Michelin man all the way and long before Dan began his crusade👠and it amazes me that there is still debate about it ability and suitability all round.

However if one was budget conscious as I think are the real reasons for these threads I will recommend the Federal 595 RSR. It's classed as a road legal track tyre. It's stiffer than the typical road rubber and very grippy. It can handle wet conditions but as a summer tyre you can't take liberties with it. I'm not sure of longevity but for the price it a bargain.

Just sayin'

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 2

Only tyre you should use are the ones the cars was designed around... Bridgestone re050a. I laugh when people say yea but there not good in the wet... Dude what you doing driving like a tool in the wet anyhow lol

Did the RE050a even exist when the 350z was designed?

Only tyre you should use are the ones the cars was designed around... Bridgestone re050a.

you're joking right ?

nothing to do with which manufacturer wants to offer the best deal for Nissan ie no monies were exchanged in brown paper bags (allegedly) :surrender: or am i just being a tad cynical ?

• Like 2

Only tyre you should use are the ones the cars was designed around... Bridgestone re050a. I laugh when people say yea but there not good in the wet... Dude what you doing driving like a tool in the wet anyhow lol

That might be the Stupidest thing i have ever read on here.

• Like 2

:lol::doh:

The Bridgestone RE 050A are a good tyre, but not as good ass the MPSS or Eagle F1s and they only came on later 350/370.

RE040 that the 350z actually came with from the factory originally are shocking and would not be recommended over about a dozen other tyres.

Do you actually think Nissan started with a tyre and designed the car round it? Or designed the car and then fitted a reasonable tyre that would do the job and be cost effective?

:doh:

• Like 1

Only tyre you should use are the ones the cars was designed around... Bridgestone re050a.

Did the RE050a even exist when the 350z was designed?

No, they didn't.

:doh::lol:

First 350's were rolling on Bridgestone RE040's from what I've read. ;)

Yep, and they are horrible, horrible things., I literally removed mine after about 200 miles of driving on them.

• Like 1

The HR rolled out with he better RE050a because the HR is the finished product. They started with a tyre.. Put a rim on it an thought we better find a car to put it on.. You guys are so silly how can it work any other way I mean it's the same with cloth shopping you choose the shoes then the outfit around the shoe.

Blmey everyone knows that you such a novice!!!! 😉

The HR rolled out with he better RE050a because the HR is the finished product. They started with a tyre.. Put a rim on it an thought we better find a car to put it on.. You guys are so silly how can it work any other way I mean it's the same with cloth shopping you choose the shoes then the outfit around the shoe.

Blmey everyone knows that you such a novice!!!! ������

I thought they started with the tyre valve and worked from there?

I thought they started with the tyre valve and worked from there?

No it goes deeper that that, the atmospheric pressure then valve.. lordd you guys seem more interested in bolting on IKEA furniture to you motors than the science of things.

Im not impressed but you Mr Haydhn seem to be a smart amoungst the few hear.