Aftermarket amp install

eddymon42

I think you will need to get new cables if you have a fairly powerful amp. The cabling to power the matchbox amp for the bose sub is fairly small gauge from what I remember when I installed my 5-channel amp.

Loads of places you can attach a ground cable to if you are installing it behind the seat in the stock position.

You can run your remote cable through the centre console to your HU easily enough.

Hi, where can I see those pictures please?

After doing a little research - I obviously asked a silly question! I need a much higher rating to run my 500W monoblock amp.

I've ordered a 4awg wiring kit with a 120 amp in line fuse. I'm going to run this into a distribution box with a 60amp fuse then going to the amp, again using 4awg cable. The reason for this distro block is I can add another amp and upgrade the stock speakers in the future if I choose to, with minimal effort.

I'm also going to use another distro block for grounding - in case I end up with another amp. Is there a good grounding point in here?

The amp will be going in the stock amp space and the sub will be under-strut mounted. The amp originally came out of a z and it was done professionally, so it already has a mounting block.

Where is the best place to run the cables? I'm thinking of maybe running the power cable down the driver's side and into the sub cavity, and the RCAs down the centre console. I've also seen a guide with both run down the centre console. What do you think?

Thanks for your help!

Great, thanks for the tip. I guess it then goes under the panels behind the passenger seat and into the sub cavity quite easily?

I guess there is a good grounding point in the sub cavity too?

All I need to is pick a stereo now! Thinking of thePioneer AVH3700DAB

One more question!!

I am going to fit a DAB radio bu I have read that the 350z has an amplified antenna which means I can't use a DAB splitter. Is there any other way without having a seperate antenna on display.

Would a DAB antenna work inside the dash plastic, just like a GPS antenna?