looking for 350z convertible

westlondonsun

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Been looking for weeks now and difficult to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Closest I have found is this one on AutoTrader

Hoping those on here can take a quick look and advise if this is rightly priced as seems a bit overpriced in my opinion.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508075874442

Thanks

Sunny

Looks like a good example to me, don't recognise it from the forum. Good time to sell, bad time to buy a soft top in the summer. You can guarantee if its still on their forecourt in October it wont be that price.

• Like 1

Obviously look at the buyers guide on here and also common faults and also ask what petrol gets put in her. anything other than 98 ron, id walk away. buts its up to you.Garage though might not know.

Main thing is make sure the roof works 100%. Engine on, foot on brake, unlatch the clasp then press open, keeping your finger on the button. Try it a few times, after that, try it again. Take it for a run roof down. pull over, put the roof up. Drive back to the garage, put the roof down.

Engine should be running. If its not 100%, motors are 1500 each from Nissan and there are 4 of them. So make sure you are happy. Also any tares in the roof, again 1500 from nissan but I know a guy does them on here for 300 but mixed reviews. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone very useful info. I don't know about the spoiler for me the non convertible looks more aggressive than the roadster but without the spoiler on the roadster the rear end of the 350z looks like it is missing something and doesn't look as aggressive. I would prefer a spoiler as it gives a different stance at the back (prob just my take to be honest)

The black alloys don't do it for me I don't really like the black on black look always preferred silver alloys.

What would people expect to pay for the ad I posted would 9.5k be more reasonable?

without the spoiler on the roadster the rear end of the 350z looks like it is missing something and doesn't look as aggressive. I would prefer a spoiler as it gives a different stance at the back (prob just my take to be honest)

That can always be changed with a different bumper, I've got the chargespeed with no spoiler on the back of my roadster and love the look.

I'm going to view this car tomorrow. I think 10k would be Reasonable price to offer. What would you offer?

I'll check roof etc. Do these cars suffer from rust? only downside is that this will be the first 350z I would have looked at/test driven so don't have much to compare against. Is it recommendable to view another one before I see this one which I will potentially purchase tomorrow if all looks good

Edited by westlondonsun

Main advice is don't let your heart rule your decision. When you start her up and drive off it will put a huge smile on your face but if you see any issues negotiate down or walk away, there are plenty of gems out there so make sure you get the right one

Nah, take a trip to the principality of Yorkshire and buy mine!

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/100948-350z-gt-convertible-200505-immaculate-low-mileage-example-7495/

Save £2k and avoid people saying 'nice car - but what were they thinking about with those seats'

Only joking - anyone with orange seats, the world needs original thinkers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You probably don't want to hear this, but I think the price is pretty close to right, with the premium for soft tops in the summer included.

As long as everything looks spot on I think 9.5 is a very cheeky price, and the dealer might even think slightly at 10.

Overall the decision is what is right for you.

I also have a spoiler in that colour if you think that the roadster rear looks bear and don't like that one.

That black one looks pretty good to me. Proper service history, reasonably low mileage, hood looks in very good nick, clean bodywork, the best seat/body colour combo (IMHO) and the trader appears to be a decent company (good if anything go's wrong, which is unlikely but useful). I'd have a Google on the trader and see if there's any bad press :lol: Other than that, it's really up to you on the price, is it comparable to other traders/similar models? What are you happy to pay? :teeth:

If you want to play safe - you could do worse than look at mine.

I've had it nearly five years and the previous owner - who had it a few years - was an OC member.

It's been a 2nd, 3rd, 4th car whilst I've had it and it's only done 10k in the last five years.

I live for cars, so, It has been loved to death on the maintenance front and anything that wasn't right has been put right.

It's almost standard - only having decats, a plenum spacer and upgraded y pipe. It can be supplied with original cats refitted if required.

Just saying 😀

Nawt wrong with that spoiler. Suits the car to no end, but as with these cars, different horses for different coarses so if you like it thats what counts. Personally I think its a bit pricey. Start him off 2k lower and see what happens. Remember you can walk away.

Also check the condition of the aux drive belt which is right at the front of the engine on the HR. Mine used to shred the belt every 20k, even though Nissan checked all the pulleys etc. Also when checking the history see if you can find out if its had things like plugs done as they should have been changed on the HR model by now. Think it was something like 6 years or 60k which ever comes first.

• 7 months later...
Posted · Hidden by Lexx, May 2, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Lexx, May 2, 2016 - No reason given

Hello everyone well I'm sorry to say but I have to sell my 350 roadster the car is in blue with ( yes 22000 ) on the clock all M.O. T showing the mileage it also has full main dealer s/ h new rear tyres it's a GT I do have pics if anyone needs to see I'm in Stockport 07961480019 please feel free to call for more info on the car.

The car is bog stock standard.