My supercharged Zeds replacement...

GMballistic

It's a 2008 Honda Civic Type R GT.

Not as fast as my old supercharged Zed and maybe not as good looking to some but definitely a more sensible option for me at the minute.

As it's a GT it comes with a good options list including dual climate control, auto wipers and auto lights which are very cool. Makes the car feel very modern to me in comparison with my old Zed.

021_zpsjan2jhxc.jpg

016_zps33ubmyut.jpg

Definitely enjoying having VTEC again and an 8K rpm redline. :evil::drive1:lol:

026_zpssq4lhras.jpg

029_zpsdiigjrvl.jpg

One owner from new with just over 50K miles on it and I must say I'm very pleased with it so far.

Trying not to go crazy with spending but I've already bought some genuine Honda "Type R" mats for it as it needed them, ....also new tyres have been bought from Blackcircles which will be going on next weekend. Essentials only honestly. :D

023_zpseentlvc9.jpg

:thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 5

I'm still in shock from you selling the zed and I very nearly bought it from you but I'm in the same boat as you at the minute with house selling/buying!

Very nice new motor though. :)

I do like these (especially in red). If I needed something with 4 seats, they'd certainly be near the top of the list :thumbs:

But I don't need 4 seats, so the Zed is staying :lol:

• Like 2

As long as it works for your current life and is a bit of fun too then enjoy! Not sure about red cars tho I even prefer Ferrari's in black! b9acd29713480f5b462d0826639b24ce.jpg

Taken at where my son is a technician this week! Drool....😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice my bro has one they sound great

More refined than the ep3

As my ep3 was very basic

Definitely an improvement over the EP3.

I used to have a 2003 30th Anniversary Edition CTR so pretty much had everything Honda could throw at the EP3 but yet still pretty basic in terms of modern technology. It was the most reliable car I ever owned though & still is. The Zed was second. :)

But It's a Honda !!!!! :scare::doh::lol:

Very practical mate :):thumbs:

Nothing wrong with Honda imo. They make very reliable motors. ;)

Tdi do a rather nice turbo kit for these....

Please don't get me started. :lol:

I've told myself that the only things I may do to this car eventually are the exhaust & air filter tops ~ no other mods allowed.

Would only do them just for a bit of extra noise. :D

it is fugly though :blush:

I don't think it is tbh so we'll have to disagree on that. ;)

For a hatchback it's a pretty tidy looking motor I think and still looks modern even though it's 7 years old now.

• Like 1

Must admit, while I'm looking for a zed, my two alternatives are a focus st or ctr - if a zed doesn't come up soon. Did you check the roof line for the typical rust? Apparently there is an exchange rubber seal for the top of the windscreen and Honda were putting them on when doing roof resprays and rust repair under warrenty

• Like 1

Must admit, while I'm looking for a zed, my two alternatives are a focus st or ctr - if a zed doesn't come up soon. Did you check the roof line for the typical rust? Apparently there is an exchange rubber seal for the top of the windscreen and Honda were putting them on when doing roof resprays and rust repair under warrenty

I checked the doors for rust as apparently that's a common place for them to get rust but it's all good. Hadn't heard of the roof rust problem but looks all good to me.

Gave it a good going over today and never noticed anything untoward. ;)

looks nice G still gonna miss your zed though but as practical goes that's a screamer, id say turbo it :teeth: you already had to get rid of zed so why not.....im sure one of the traders could help :lol:

That is mint though and the seats look really comfy

Cheers Darryl. ;)

Will definitely always miss the Zed. Was such a faultless car although I do prefer somethings about the Honda, :scare: ...the seats are one thing as you spotted.

So much more comfy than the Zeds were imo although they're not heated so I'm sure I'll miss that come the winter time. :dry:

I checked the doors for rust as apparently that's a common place for them to get rust but it's all good. Hadn't heard of the roof rust problem but looks all good to me.

Gave it a good going over today and never noticed anything untoward. ;)

It's the very front of the roofline where it meets the windscreen. The rubbers were a bad fit and moved around a bit rubbing away the paint with then led to rust. Many owners got Honda to repaint their roofs free of charge as it was a design fault. Have a good look lifting the rubber and looking under it if possible. Might go see a ctr tomorrow, I'm so sick of viewing cars right now though
  • Like 1

^^ Thanks for the heads up Jay Kay. :D

I will check it out properly tomorrow although I suspect it is ok as I was all over it today including a little bit of waxing around 8pm and noticed no problems near the roof line/windscreen.

Looks great! Love Honda's, especially the older models.

Mugen rear spoiler future mod?

Think they look great on these:D

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Cheers Deano. ;)

The Mugen stuff does look good although I've never really been a bodywork modder, ...usually I stick more to performance upgrades or things that make my life with the car better like upgrade head units or bulbs etc. :thumbs:

• Like 1