WhackyWill Does Black Betty.

WhackyWill

MOD EDIT 28-8-2014: FOLLOWING POSTS MOVED FROM http://www.350z-uk.c...cs/page__st__60 THAT WERE POSTED UP TO THAT TODAY.

Just a quick update on this thread started by Paul (Builder 49) on Miss Marmite which I now own. I have removed the black rear lights and changed them for smoked LEDs which still look good with the black and gold, also removed the red reflectors from the number plate which I hated. I also changed the HalfFraud aerial for a Honda CRX stubby. Fitted a cargo net as well. I have removed the boot weight and next week will fit uprated gas struts for the Nismo spoiler. Its going to Japex next week for a clutch slave cylinder change and new racing fluid and braded line also belts been changed at the same time. Will post a pic of the new light . :thumbs:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

Just a quick update on this thread started by Paul (Builder 49) on Miss Marmite which I now own. I have removed the black rear lights and changed them for smoked LEDs which still look good with the black and gold, also removed the red reflectors from the number plate which I hated. I also changed the HalfFraud aerial for a Honda CRX stubby. Fitted a cargo net as well. I have removed the boot weight and next week will fit uprated gas struts for the Nismo spoiler. Its going to Japex next week for a clutch slave cylinder change and new racing fluid and braded line also belts been changed at the same time. Will post a pic of the new light . :thumbs:

ude9y4a9.jpg

• Like 1

New clear lights definitely look better, kinda get it with the JPs look, the black paint looks super shiny & very deep black. Rite i've looked at Miss Marmite Ten times now & cant make my mind up ..

However its a Zed enough said ..

• Like 1

New clear lights definitely look better, kinda get it with the JPs look, the black paint looks super shiny & very deep black. Rite i've looked at Miss Marmite Ten times now & cant make my mind up ..

However its a Zed enough said ..

I agree it better and safer with smoked rear LEDs rather than the black, The colour is Kuro Black and I think I cleaned it before that pic was taken at Brands.

Its a bit unusual with the gold wheels and door handles etc : I like it and it get noticed as all Zeds should. :band:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Very nice Will. B)

Are they going gold colour then?

Have you started your own build thread at all? :dry:;)

Bit undecided yet about the gold wheels may return them to gold.

I just continued on Builder 49 (Pauls) build thread as its got all the history of the Zed there. :thumbs:

Very nice Will. B)

Are they going gold colour then?

Have you started your own build thread at all? :dry:;)

Bit undecided yet about the gold wheels may return them to gold.

I just continued on Builder 49 (Pauls) build thread as its got all the history of the Zed there. :thumbs:

Haven't seen Rays in gold so they could look good but I have to admit I like black alloys on black cars. B)

I guess I get why you haven't made your own build thread then but still it's your car now, not his, so might be good if you started your own. Either way your choice. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks Wasso, I suppose I could, but would they, as I didn't start the thread

but just continued it on to show anybody who may in the future become the owner

of my Zed what was done to it and how loved and cared for it is.. :thumbs:

Just an observation of how "lively" my Zed feels with the Rays fitted compared to the GT wheels.

wasn't aware it would make that much difference, but acceleration and braking from 20 to 60 is far better (could not try any quicker ;) )

I think people would have them fitted from new as an extra if they realised the improvement they made to their Zed.. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Just an observation of how "lively" my Zed feels with the Rays fitted compared to the GT wheels.

wasn't aware it would make that much difference, but acceleration and braking from 20 to 60 is far better (could not try any quicker ;) )

I think people would have them fitted from new as an extra if they realised the improvement they made to their Zed.. :thumbs:

Really, just by changing the rims? :wacko:

Really, just by changing the rims? :wacko:

Just an example , on my way home there is a little bend that I always

snick it down from 4th to 3rd on way in, and then back up to 4th on way out.

Tonight it wasn't necessary to drop it into 3rd and it still pulled out at exactly

the same pace.. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few more small changes to Marmite to turn her into "Black Betty".

Door handles professionally sprayed Kuro black to match and fitted by Ross at Japex

Zunsport black grill fitted.

Side repeaters sprayed black with lens tint.

937320b9aee0e0a3dd0ed1b004046f67.jpg

18d4afc317b5245bc66f0d5d030eaade.jpg

24c764dfd49b26c9f24825b840a23bf0.jpg

27dd78a1509918e84114012575f4595b.jpg

Cobra Exhaust to be fitted.

53d7ee4afd8848046c9c9cef20407b39.jpg

• Like 4

Will that looks so so much better than how it was when you bought it, well done :thumbs:

Now, how about some facelift front lights to match the rears, maybe some HFC's, or possibly some aluminium kick plates? :lol:

• Like 1