Knockhill Track Day Accident

Grundy

If there is, have a word with the TDO before anything happens, if they've not spotted it already.

The amount of people I hear in the pits complaining about other drivers but never actually speaking to the people in charge about is staggering.

To be fair Javelin are pretty good with their marshalling. They spotted almost straight away that my pads were just getting munched as I was kicking out clouds of brake dust. The balloon who had the car before me obviously scrimped and put some nice dairy toffee in the callipers.

The thing is I checked them before I left and there was a full carvery's worth of meat on them so they must have been budget as hell!

*insert phrase about doing something correctly the first time or paying for it again here*

;)

Ha! Well the previous owner would have most certainly done it twice had he ever gone near a track! The EBC Yellow Stuff pads I replaced them with are a testament to my motto.

Edited by OV53

*insert phrase about doing something correctly the first time or paying for it again here*

;)

Ha! Well the previous owner would have most certainly done it twice had he ever gone near a track! The EBC Yellow Stuff pads I replaced them with are a testament to my motto.

ive just put yellow stuff on mine and they are great. one of my mates had them on a clio sport though and the pads fell apart at knockhill :scare:

;)

ive just put yellow stuff on mine and they are great. one of my mates had them on a clio sport though and the pads fell apart at knockhill :scare:

I've given mine a good running in and they are excellent under a bit of spirited driving along the country roads.

Shocking by all accounts. I've only ever seen driving like that once which was at castle Combe on an open day for car clubs, there were all sorts from full track/race cup cars to Peugeot estates going round. At one point I had a mk2 golf and an m3 go past me, one on each side....needless to say I pulled in and watched after that. There must have been about 5 cars damaged that day, I've never seen anything like it before....until this video!

It's certainly not the norm, if you've never been on a track day don't let things like this video put you off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking by all accounts. I've only ever seen driving like that once which was at castle Combe on an open day for car clubs, there were all sorts from full track/race cup cars to Peugeot estates going round. At one point I had a mk2 golf and an m3 go past me, one on each side....needless to say I pulled in and watched after that. There must have been about 5 cars damaged that day, I've never seen anything like it before....until this video!

It's certainly not the norm, if you've never been on a track day don't let things like this video put you off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go to their rallyday every year there, it looks utter carnage :)

I have done a couple of days at Combe though, one was hideous, lesson learned, never book a track day on a friday before a race meeting ;) and the other day was superb, they put me and mates in one group to ourselves, Combe just for us :)

Many mistakes there, from all involved.

Lack of awareness, lack of space, lack of courtesy, lack of talent. Very poor driving all round. This is why I pay that bit extra and go with people like BaT, who have very clear rules on stuff like this.

there's many different nights on at Knockhill. This looks like a hot hatch night where standards are slightly lessened. I'm sure the guys from the club went a year or two ago with Alex. Most prestige nights have very good driving/courtesy etc and there's never any really issues. Worst you usually get is someone over cooking an exit from a corner and spinning off.

Hope there aren't any dicks like this guy at Blyton this weekend!

The guy that owns Blyton is very tight on everything, absolutely no chance of any of this kind of dickery :)

Good to know! Can't wait now, first one of the year. I've even taken Thursday and Friday off to celebrate!