Brembo Brake Caliper Touch Up Paint

Daaave

Has anyone tried getting hold of any brake caliper touch up paint from Nissan or anywhere else? I will call the dealers on Monday, but thought I'd ask here as well.

My calipers have a couple of small stone chips that need to be tidied.

Also - any opinions on the Nissan body touch up paint? Worth it for stonechips elsewhere on the car?

Thanks,

D.

I've bought the touch up kit and the spray can kit (colour and lacquer) for GM.

The touch up kit is great, but i never used the brush provided, i was recommended to get some masking tape, make a "finger cone" dip the tip lightly and gently fill the chip... tiny amounts fill a large amount...

works a treat!

The spray cans have been used to cover a minor indiscretion on the front bumper ( until I can get it professionally done...) and though about colour coding my mobile fone fascia... :blush:

Nissan don't know what colour the Brembos are, and if you ask Brembo themselves they tell you "gold". :angry:

Anyway, the closest match found here or in the States appears to be either :-

1. Vauxhall 40B, Giallo Capri Titan Gold. Whoever mixes it for you ask them to leave out a couple of grams of 'oxide red'

2. Honda Inca Pearl color # Y-61P Part number 08703-Y61PPAH

HTH

Gus

The touch up kit is great, but i never used the brush provided, i was recommended to get some masking tape, make a "finger cone" dip the tip lightly and gently fill the chip... tiny amounts fill a large amount...

Great, thanks. I know what you mean about not using the brush, unless you want massive mounds of new paint over the tiny chip then they are best avoided! ;)

Nissan don't know what colour the Brembos are, and if you ask Brembo themselves they tell you "gold". :angry:

1. Vauxhall 40B, Giallo Capri Titan Gold. Whoever mixes it for you ask them to leave out a couple of grams of 'oxide red'

HTH

Gus

Thanks Gus, that does help. Pity there isn't a specific touch up paint available. I had a look on eBay and the only one I could find looked as if someone had mixed it themselves - makes sense now.

I tried to speak to Brembo men in Italy a couple of years ago, but they kept passing me to other people, then it seemed I'd found the guy who was responsible for the calipers.... and I never managed to get in contact with him :dry:

Gus tnx for the info, I need some too

HTH

Gus

Thanks buddy, given me an idea :thumbs:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
i have some touch up pot for the brembos £10.50 for 10ml pot. email for details

Can you not put details on here for everyone? What colour and code is it?

Behave :lol: :lol: :lol:

RAWBHP,

The details are as follows:

-30 years experiance of mixing solvent paint

-a paint scheme consisting of around 30 tinters

-alot of time and patience

-a spare Brembo caliper

Failing that go to B & Q and buy some gold Hammerite. :bangin:

I really hope this helps you with your decision :thumbs:

Jesus.....any one would think i'm taking the **** :dance:

Kind Regards

chris

• 1 year later...

Thought I would revive this old thread about caliper paint with this newish paint that STP make. Manufactured specifically for calipers and in a variety of colours, looks quite promising for a refurb.

Quote from the site.

"A one part brake caliper paint system which requires no mixing with hardners or priming and is therefore easy to use with no mess. It is easy to apply, quick drying and has an outstanding high quality, long lasting, lustre finish which will enhance your vehicle's brake calipers, wheel hubs or engine bay. Lead free paint.

Kit includes paint (250ml), brake cleaner aerosol (500ml) and paint brush.

Suitable for painting brake calipers, brake drums, wheel hubs or engine bay.

Link below.

http://www.carnoisseurdirect.com/brake- ... -156-c.asp

Touched my front nearside up in two places about 2 months ago and still all good, maybe I don't brake as hard as you :shrug::)

+1, Any decent model shop for about @1.50 a tin :thumbs:

Humbrol hobby paint No. 54 will also also do the trick:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=47348&hilit=humbrol

I would agree with this except for one thing, brake linings burn at about 200.c does Humbrol model paint cover this range?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried getting hold of any brake caliper touch up paint from Nissan or anywhere else? I will call the dealers on Monday, but thought I'd ask here as well.

My calipers have a couple of small stone chips that need to be tidied.

Also - any opinions on the Nissan body touch up paint? Worth it for stonechips elsewhere on the car?

Thanks,

D.

I've got a 30ml pot of brembo gold touch up paint, free to a good home if you want to collect, Norwich area :) As long as you put me on the spotted list!!! :p