Bose system.... Possibly the worst sound system...

cmr1991

Hey Folks,

Soon to start a full upgrade of the car sound system, the bose system is possibly the worst sound I have EVER experianced.

New double din with all the gizmos, New speakers, amps and sub to be bought and fitted, This is top of my list of things to do, IT hurts my ears the quality is so poor! Plus the Fm radio frequancy on the imports doesnt allow me to get radio 1 where I live hahah.

My Bose is massively pi55ing me off at the minute too. Skips all the time at times, tape won't work to use my phone & the sub cutting out winds me up. Not to mention the random various volume levels

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

All zed Bose stuff is rebadged clarion.

My porsche had bose in it..

Fair enough its a totally different league of car so its expected to be good, but the bose in that to the Z was just amazing!

I guess the 350z is a old car after all, just shows how much things have come on, but anyway still reading regarding this. I took it to a company to have a new Double din, speakers subs amps etc.. The seemed so disinterested it was unreal!

If anyone knows any good installers in the N.West or N.wales area feel free to shoot me a PM.

Were they nt Clarion b4 a certain date, just had bose written on the front to confuse everyone!

They are all clarion I think, Papa took his front speakers out the other day and was shocked at the quality of the Mexican speakers :surrender:

So much so that I took the Dremel to them!!

Bose is good. Obviously alot better than a normal cars stereo. But that little badge makes u pay more. 500pound bose is worse than spending the 500pound on a different brand

Bose in car on Nissan & Mazda for example is complete and utter $hite it certainly is no better than 'normal' car stereos or practically anything you can buy from Halfords for £100 or more....

Mary's new MX-5 has Bose..... but not for long :lol:

Bose is good. Obviously alot better than a normal cars stereo. But that little badge makes u pay more. 500pound bose is worse than spending the 500pound on a different brand

Bose in car on Nissan & Mazda for example is complete and utter $hite it certainly is no better than 'normal' car stereos or practically anything you can buy from Halfords for £100 or more....

Mary's new MX-5 has Bose..... but not for long :lol:

It wasnt worth an optional extra, but its better than every car ive been in, except ones where people have bought new speakers

All zed Bose stuff is rebadged clarion.

My porsche had bose in it..

Fair enough its a totally different league of car so its expected to be good, but the bose in that to the Z was just amazing!

I guess the 350z is a old car after all, just shows how much things have come on, but anyway still reading regarding this. I took it to a company to have a new Double din, speakers subs amps etc.. The seemed so disinterested it was unreal!

If anyone knows any good installers in the N.West or N.wales area feel free to shoot me a PM.

What exactly are you after?

Any audio shop could do the head unit.

Amps you could install yourself

Sub, depending where you want it I could help you out.

• 3 weeks later...

I play MP3's from my S3 through a Parrot Blue Tooth and the sound is really good, big improvement over the standard BOSE Radio/CD. So I imagine the speakers are OK its just the head unit thats a bit naff.