Key Fob Not Working After Battery Change!

jzamboni

Hi Guys,

Having real trouble with this and it is causing me a massive headache!

My fob stopped working so I got a new battery, changed it and it still didn't work. For the past week I have been manually locking and unlocking the car with the key which sets off the alarm every time I unlock it and open the door!

I tried to re-program the fob by following the procedures written on the forum:-

"1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning

lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip keys.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key for operation."

All the stages appeared to go ok (i.e. indicators flashed when they were suppost to etc.) but then when I finished the process and took the key out - nothing happened!

I have run out of ideas and as a last resort called up a Nissan Garage who want to charge £120 just to diagnose the problem and then charge whatever it will cost to fix the problem and told me a new key will be £250!

I really... really... do not want to have to pay that. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Am I better off just buying another key/fob online and programming it from scratch?

Thanks

Jay

• 1 year later...

I had an issue with my fob, I found two or possibly three reprogrammin approaches, which I pulled together here. I got the same BS as you from nissan, took me 5 mins (a few tries mind) and saved a bundle.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83154-remote-out-of-sync-solved-how-to-reprogram-it/

PS - have you tried another battery in case the new one is a dud?

• 6 years later...

I thought this might just help someone, I woke up yesterday after a cold day and my key fob simply "stopped working" after souring the internet, trying all the tricks..new battery, resetting, reprogramming ..none of which worked.

I simply dismantled the key and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, dried it and amazingly it started working again.

It might not work for everyone but definitely worth a try.

I do hope it helps someone.

• Like 1