Zeditis begins.... with pics

Builder49

So having had my car for a few months now the inevitable has started......

She arrived pretty much in stock form, but in need of new tyres as odd ones on each corner, and brakes in need of attention.

Initially considered her to be female..... unsure now?

Be really interested in your thoughts and opinions (although to be fair I like it and thats all that really matters!)

So here we go...

This is how she arrived, quite shiney but in need of a little attention.

P1010061.jpg

Wheels were quite badly kerbed and these would need looking at!

P1010063.jpg

All the standard finishes, including the silver Nissan burgers and the fishing rod at the rear end.

P1010064.jpg

P1010046.jpg

And so I've set about a few necessary alterations.

Firstly the brake discs and pads were replaced and the tyres replaced with Falken 452's (based on lots of recommendations from you guys...

Then the first piece of Modding....... 5" stubby fishing rod, £12.99 at Halfords.

P1010067.jpg

Then this arrived in the post from Ebay?

P1010056.jpg

Bit of a gamble because at this stage wasn't even sure if they were street legal?

P1010057.jpg

Next came a Nismo spoiler from ZMANALEX..... (sorry no pic of it boxed)

So here it is painted and fitted, along with the suspect lights.

P1010076.jpg

I'd also purchased from a friend, some Zburgers and a 350Z badge in black

(yes before anyone says anything the 350 Z is upside down, as is the rear burger, these are being altered tomorrow)

P1010069.jpg

Had to fit red reflectors at the rear as the lights no longer show them. I'm assured these are MOT legal, lets see what the police think ?!?!?!

Next the original wheels needed attention, so decided to colour the at the same time, just as an experiment really? Decided to match the calipers, and painted the discs black.....

P1010070.jpg

Even managed to retain the Nissan centres in chrome, although I'd prefer Z centres. But as these are only the OEM alloys its just a trial experiment.

P1010071.jpg

Then it all got rather interesting.........

Front grille.

P1010073.jpg

Then this happened :scare:

P1010075.jpg

Then this... :lol:

P1010068.jpg

And here is how she looks now.... ;)

P1010074.jpg

P1010072.jpg

So I wonder what you think? :thumbs: or :thumbdown::lol:

Now dont know if its a Miss or a Mr?

Was going to be Miss Marmite (love it or hate it)? But acyually its a bit JPS.....

Be interested to hear your thoughts guys and gals...

Cheers, Paul.

And yes she needs a good clean now !

Those covers definitely aren't MOTable any more, the new regs specifically exclude anything that can affect the light output. On the upside, it does mean you can get rid of those horrible reflectors on the numberplate now! :lol:

Brave choice on the wheel colour, but I think it's worked well, especially in conjunction with the other bits you've had done to match :thumbs:

I'm unsure! Genuinely marmite and I love the fact you've tried something new.

I just can't make up my mind!

I do love the colour you've used though.

On another note - nice truck. ;)

• Like 1

Nice work and good to see your zed getting some love and care. Love the spoiler

I like what you are trying to do, those colours go well together. I like the front grill but not sure on the door handle.

I like the idea of the wheels, great idea And i like the colour but im not sure the stock alloys do it justice. I can see that colour looking fantastic on a set of serious alloys.

Good to see someone taking risks though and the zed can take it.

Keep it up.

I'm not sure on it to be honest. I think if it was rays that were on it, it would look much more attractive. Possibly a little more aggressive stance by lowering/spacers and possibly skirts/lips

Its an aggressive colour code which I think needs the bodywork to match.

Well done for being different. Not many people willing to try stuff now with the fear of being shot down. :thumbs::clap:

I like Miss Marmite ;) Wasn't sure what to expect but I think the colour works really well :thumbs:

Think she might clash with Mr Zedbelly though so don't come up to Yorkshire and park next to me will you? :lol:

Yeah, not bad at all :thumbs: . Those dark rear lights actually look O.K (on a black) but just hang on to your old lights for a while :) . Colour scheme also meets with my approval ;) .

Pete

Nice work mate and different but IMHO bronze wheels works well on thinner spoked wheel. The OEM wheels are too chunky and makes it look fake. So does the door handles and grill.

As said already if these where Rays painted bronze, lowered and spaced it would look ace and still different. I love the lights but those reflectors on the number plate are awfull :yuck:

Wheel colour is good, just not on those wheels.

I agree, would be good with wheels that look a bit more 'agressive', I do like the colour though.

what about doing the burger badge on the front, or the Z on the wing?

Well it seems like Miss or Mr Marmite it is !!!!!

Wheels were only ever an experiment, and ultimately I will be getting Rays or something similar (can use the originals as spares).

The handles and rear strut were done as the silver original looked wrong with the wheel colour, which actually is a pretty good match for the calipers I thought? Then when looking around the car I had black and gold on every elevation apart from the front so thought 'what the hell, go for it'. Worse case scenario is respray black :lol:

Any way I think the experimentation worked. And she (definitely Miss Marmite) lives up to her name, half of you like it half of you don't! :D

As for the lights, I've got the originals so can swap them back anytime, but probably the Red will lok wrong now :headhurt:

Lets see how the local Bobbies view it first, I'm ready for a ticking off anytime soon. But on the plus side, with high brilliance bulbs there is no significant loss of light at night :thumbs:

Anyway keep the opinions flooding in, and no harm in being adventurous and trying something a bit different ?

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Cheers Stew, truck is awesome and the smile i get in that is equally as good as in the Zed, but for obvious different reasons !

Every truck should have Music Box, camera and electric/leather everything. not to mention tonnes of pulling power and decent pace for a 2.6 tonner...

Anyway keep the opinions flooding in, and no harm in being adventurous and trying something a bit different ?

This.

One of my pet hates is people that ask for opinions of mods on forums and then say 'ah well, won't do that as nobody likes it' after two replies. It really annoys me! Grow a pair and do what YOU like to YOUR car.

You've just gone for it and the results split opinion. Everyone will respect the fact you've tried something new whether they like it or not.

Cheers Stew, truck is awesome and the smile i get in that is equally as good as in the Zed, but for obvious different reasons !

Every truck should have Music Box, camera and electric/leather everything. not to mention tonnes of pulling power and decent pace for a 2.6 tonner...

Tekna connect then - b*stard! :lol::lol::lol:

I have a 2007 Aventura (also in grey) so know where you are coming from with the toys. I will be modding to include a camera sometime but no music box for me.....

Actually I like it so I don't care what opinion is Stew :lol: But you're right and I appreciate the fact that everyone has an opinion, after all if not we would all still be drive Model T Fords !!!!!

Thanks for your words of support for the daring experiment Stew, But also everyones opinion has been honest and nobody has been rude or putting me down for having a different look, so thanks everyone :thumbs:

I do actually take on board what you are all saying though. The lights may well not work, and I agreed the reflectors look naff (thats why they are on the plate and not the paintwork), but the bottom line is I think it looks ok.

There are some great looking cars on here, but I've just done all that paintwork, lights and spoiler stuff for less than £500, so proves what can be done at little cost.

Actually I like it so I don't care what opinion is Stew

Thats exactly how it should be. Far too often people ask for opinions & then cry like a bitch when you tell them it looks crap

Obviously im liking the spoiler - who wouldnt want a nismo spoiler on the back? and the shaded lights look cool, shame about the reflectors though.

Not so sure on the black badges - i always thought colour coded badges were a cheaper fix than going for a full debadge, which is what i'd go for. But maybe in your case colour code the badges to match the wheels also! :lol:

As for the doorhandles and grill, i'm personally not sure orange is the way to go... unless you go the whole hog and colour code the engine bay the same, and maybe even whack an orange strip down the side or something...

Interested to see how this develops!

Obviously im liking the spoiler - who wouldnt want a nismo spoiler on the back? and the shaded lights look cool, shame about the reflectors though.

Not so sure on the black badges - i always thought colour coded badges were a cheaper fix than going for a full debadge, which is what i'd go for. But maybe in your case colour code the badges to match the wheels also! :lol:

As for the doorhandles and grill, i'm personally not sure orange is the way to go... unless you go the whole hog and colour code the engine bay the same, and maybe even whack an orange strip down the side or something...

Interested to see how this develops!

Cheers for that. Modifications cost money unfortunately and getting that out of my boss is hard...... Oh hang on, I am the boss !!! :lol:

I thought about colour coding the badges? Not sure about additional stripes though? Bit too old to be looking like a boy racer unfortunately :lol::lol:

Colour coding under the bonnet is a distinct possibility though, but left the engine bay alone at the moment as mechanically I'm a complete novice :surrender: I think that will be my next area of attack though, although for one mad moment I did consider changing all the silver internally to Brembo Gold (please don't call it Orange or Ginger guys :cry:

:lol:

Hmmm not sure for me - gold looks a bit cheap :blush: sorry!

Lights are deffo MoT failures, regardless of the bulb strength anything on a light which reduces the light in any form ie tinting is deemed MoT failure. It used to be a percentage of light, but now its an out and out MoT failure regardless.

Probably asking to be pulled with those tints, but come MoT time make sure to change them over.

Pretty decent looking finish on the stuff you have done gold, you should end up with your car looking similar to this B)

4634093495_589b798e40_z.jpg

I think the gold colour with black centres on different wheels would look rather yum

• Like 1