The Bounty Bar Kid's 2008 HR 350z - updated 14/05/14

Alright peeps. So this isn't going to be some kind of amazing expensive build, but just a record of an average guy spending some money on his car.

So this is how I bought her back on 19th January 2012. I had the biggest smile on my face. Wanted this car for the last 8 years, and when I turned 30, I decided it's about time to treat myself.

Mine1.jpg

Mine2.jpg

Mine3.jpg

Mine4.jpg

Mine5.jpg

Mine6.jpg

Mine7.jpg

Mine8.jpg

Mine9.jpg

Mine10.jpg

Mine11.jpg

LL57AKP_1noreg.jpg

LL57AKP_2noreg.jpg

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

Interesting? Am I being stupid but isn't it supposed to be 313 bhp?

Thats the ps - bhp at the fly is about 309.

The dyno graphs are taken at the hubs - hence the lesser bhp readings, but as a rough guide I would say that is about 315 at the fly.

So today, I rang up Abbey Motorsport to get a Berks HFC fitted and get the UPRev tweaked to suit this change. This will take place in two weeks time.

I have been looking at a Circuit Sports Carbon Fibre Bonnet Dampers courtesy of Steve 350z (Redline Styling). These I've been told will be in stock in a couple of weeks.

Last thing I've looked at today was 35% tints on the rear windows. This hopefully will get done maybe early April.

For now that's all I have planned. Other things I really wanna do include a NISMO N1 kit, maybe N2 front bumper with splitter. But looks can come later. Depending on the existing suspension, I may wanna change that first. Will try to take the wheels off the car over the next few days so I can have a look. Oh and see if it has spacers. If not then that's definitely on the list before the window tints.

The dyno graphs are taken at the hubs - hence the lesser bhp readings, but as a rough guide I would say that is about 315 at the fly.

According to Mark@Abbey, he says about 325 at the fly.

1) Abbey stats are power at the hub

2) 313PS is the theoretical metric horsepower Nissan quote at the the flywheel The imperial equivilent is 309BHP.

That's good :thumbs:

So today, I rang up Abbey Motorsport to get a Berks HFC fitted and get the UPRev tweaked to suit this change. This will take place in two weeks time.

I have been looking at a Circuit Sports Carbon Fibre Bonnet Dampers courtesy of Steve 350z (Redline Styling). These I've been told will be in stock in a couple of weeks.

Last thing I've looked at today was 35% tints on the rear windows. This hopefully will get done maybe early April.

For now that's all I have planned. Other things I really wanna do include a NISMO N1 kit, maybe N2 front bumper with splitter. But looks can come later. Depending on the existing suspension, I may wanna change that first. Will try to take the wheels off the car over the next few days so I can have a look. Oh and see if it has spacers. If not then that's definitely on the list before the window tints.

Car has spacers, so that's something else off my list to get.

That's good :thumbs:

Thats very good for what is very low amount of performance mods! :thumbs:

Makes me wonder if i should get mine done now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DBA 5000 2 piece discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads have arrived! (Thanx to Cougar Store)

Hopefully fitted on Monday.

Thats the same combo that i have, you should really like it!! If your having that all changed you may aswell get some braided lines. I went fom stock to this setup and it was a massive difference!

looks good mate, think i may have seen you plus a few other Zed owners down valley park in Croydon tucked over in the corner.

I've got a Black '09 ive recently bought. il start a build thread eventually :)