Rear wiper blade removal how to?

Trojan D079

I just got hold of a full set of aero twin blades I managed to change the front two with

no probs but I cant seem to get the back one off ive been pressing the tab and pulling in

the direction of the arm but no joy the manual just says see your nissan dealer any ideas? :headhurt:

I'm having exactly the same trouble as you today Trojan - can't get the rear wiper blade off to replace it with an aero. I've seen that the base of the wiper has a cap with a nut underneath and was starting to wonder if I need to remove the wiper to change the blade.

If you say it can be done Hassan I believe you! I'll just go out there again tomorrow and monkey with it 'til it comes off.

Did it the other day in about 10 secs flat. I didnt even really think about it, it just came straight off and the new one went straight on....sorry, hope that don't wind you up :blush:

If I don't succeed tomorrow maybe I'll come and see you then?! :lol::lol:

Yeah no problem mate :D

Cracked it push up the little leever then wiggle it left to right as you push in the direction of the arm you can see two little prongs holding it around the top which you have to wiggle it past does take some force just support the arm as you push it :band:

You do have to give it a big push.....thought I was going to snap the arm but as suggested just support the arm and give it that little extra!!!

Just be careful because once it goes, you can easily smack yourself in the face :headhurt:

I had a similar problem removing the blade because the wiper arm wouldn't rotate away from the window more than a few inches. Not sure if thats the same issue you have?

There is a little tab on the wiper arm that stops it from rotating so I just yanked it through the tab. This allowed the arm to rotate 90 degrees and plenty more space to wiggle the wiper blade off the arm.

Did it the other day in about 10 secs flat. I didnt even really think about it, it just came straight off and the new one went straight on....sorry, hope that don't wind you up :blush:

If I don't succeed tomorrow maybe I'll come and see you then?! :lol::lol:

Yeah no problem mate :D

Got it sorted thanks! Once I found the little tab that had to be depressed the wiper came right off without trouble. ..