My Project- FINISHED- UPDATED WITH LOADS OF PICS!

Beau

Hi Guys, I recently bought a 2005 Nissan 350z GT at a salvage auction.

Yes, a salvage auction! The front right of it is totally wrecked and will need a new bumper, wing and Headlamp, as well as a steering rack and hub-carrier.

This is how she looks at the moment (well, the good side)

DSC04388.jpg

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd378/Beau168/

The Drivers side wheel was also in very bad shape with couple cracks and terribly Buckled!

DSC04417.jpg

I inspected underneath of it and surprisingly didn't find any damage to the chassis which was lucky.

However the steering rack was broken, I think it would be the end rod which is a £30 fix!

The Hub-carrier was broken!

DSC04420.jpg

And that was all the major metal damage.

On the outiside was the Wing, headlamp, windscreen washer bottle, 2 airbags (drivers side), rear wing, front Bumper, washer jet and inner arch plastic! Thats pretty much it!

I have sourced most of the components so far and I am left with the following. If anyone could help that would be Great!

-Front drivers side wing.

-Drivers side seat airbag and top airbag.

-One rays wheel (V.2) (shown in picture)

-Drivers side Mirror (mainly Mounting)

If not the one wheel, is anyone selling a set! :)

I will keep you guys posted as I go along with this Project! I cant wait to get her back up and running!

Any information and help would be greatly appreciated!

Beau

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, the other side is fine! :)

When it comes to re-spraying Ill just respray the individual parts but will also need to re-spray the door and the rear wing.

Ill see how I get along:)

Also came across a slight problem today when trying to get the ball joints out when trying to get the hub carrier out.

When undoing the Nut the ball joint it self slips and there is no other way of holding it in place, other then where the rubber is but I dont want to damage it......

DSC04421.jpg

Anyone got any ideas/tips of how to get these off without damaging them? Also got a replacement hub carrier to go on it which came with a ball joint but was different to the one which came out. The bolt is bigger and the one thats on the car at the moment has a cone shaped. I guess there are two different types.... Anyone got any Ideas?

Thanks, Beau

I got it out today easily! I used a clamp which stopped it from spinning and Bingo! :)

I took the steering rack out today too and saw the damage that was done....

DSC04425.jpg

DSC04424.jpg

Looks like I'll be needing a new rack.... I have got couple quotes and there not too bad so if the weather is good this weekend the rack will be going in! :)

Wish me Luck!

Beau

Are we allowed to know how much you paid for it? No bother if not - more curiosity as to how much of a bargain your eventually going to get.

I remember a car very similar to this being on autotrader and fleabay for ages for about £7500 I think.....totally trashed on the driver side