Osiris Tuner, ROMs and Logs

Steve Watts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shrug: cant really see the figures-numbers in them photos... can you upload them to picasa and attach them to here instead?

would love to do this on my car with the haltech unit but after sitting watching a tuner doing it for 5 hours to get my bullet map I started thinking that I might just blow the engine in 1000 pieces... :blush: how do you learn?

I'd imagine tuning a haltech would take many times longer and you would need ahigher skill level to do it. With Uprev you already have the stock ROM to work from, so only have to adjust the tables you want to. A few calcs will give you target values then do some fine tuning on the road. Dyno time is still the best and safest option to tune ignition.

I'd imagine tuning a haltech would take many times longer and you would need ahigher skill level to do it. With Uprev you already have the stock ROM to work from, so only have to adjust the tables you want to. A few calcs will give you target values then do some fine tuning on the road. Dyno time is still the best and safest option to tune ignition.

A few calcs will give you target values ? >>> the haltech has some sort of target (green yoke that you try to keep in the middle as far as I can tell) :lol: sorry I'll get my coat and get going with the bbq instead...

Steve,

Looking at your compensation fuelling map I presume you only full throttle mapped , your need to spend time to make the car fuel correctly on part to full throttle transitioning. Ifeel the car with be pulling/adding to much correction fueling to give the template AFR you are asking.

These car need to be tuned under constant load/rpm to make part throttle tuning possible , this is what makes the car feel real crisp and nice on part throttle. Ignition timing also plays a big part of part throttle response.

Also I feel your running far to rich on your full throttle AFR for most of the RPM ranges, get the car on a dyno and play with the AFR it will open your eyes whats works and doesn't work.

Haltech is easier to tune you can tune live, very easy to tune. We can tune live on the UK cars thou.

Mark

no clashing just giving my opinon , mapped 60 Z,s now so I kinda know what you need to do.

~did not mean that, meant that this is way over my head... so two titans are talking and little me is trying to get what you are talkign about to gain some knowledge in the area :thumbs:

I was also wondering at the rich AFRs in the lower RPM range, surely it should perform better with leaner AFRs on part throttle and off the power band, rich would make it feel on the stodgy side so to speak, and make for lousy fuel consumption and little else?

Ricky , his logs are full throttle runs I think.

But I am thinking about transition loading runs at part throttle, like when your feeding int he throttle coming out of a corner.

BTW I now have the RAM for the 350GT,s like you car ( we wont crap this thread thou)

Yes I have only full throttle mapped the compensation table, although I've done quite a bit of logging part throttle - After a bit of time on the road the self learn fueling seems to hit the target afr's on close loop driving ok without other changes, although I'm sure there are some areas of the map i've not hit yet so whether this is consistent I don't yet know.

I will put my ignition and cam maps up for critique too.

Ricky , his logs are full throttle runs I think.

But I am thinking about transition loading runs at part throttle, like when your feeding int he throttle coming out of a corner.

BTW I now have the RAM for the 350GT,s like you car ( we wont crap this thread thou)

Ahh right! i see, yes getting the in between bits sorted is always time consuming, i still want to go the Osiris tuner route, but i have spent too much just lately, so its on hold for now.

After a bit of time on the road the self learn fueling seems to hit the target afr's on close loop driving ok without other changes

yes they will if the compensation map is a long way out , whats the correction showing while it is trying to produce the correct AFR below or above 100?

We tune open loop to make correct AFR a sper template map ( but our template set up is different than a stock car for good part throttle torque/bhp and transition fuelling) , then turn the closed loop back on.

I agree a constant load/rpm dyno session will find a peak torque or bhp quicker (and maybe even higher ones) than tuning on the road, especially the ignition timing. However if you have the time, interest and a methodical approach it can be done - what you give up in accuracy of power measurement you gain in tuning under actual road conditions, dynamic engine loads, real coolant and intake temps etc. My view is if I cannot measure the difference in performance on the road it is not worth tuning for it, although I understand alot of people ultimate numbers are important.

So far uprev has reduced my 3rd gear 30-80 time by 8%. As force and acceleration are proportional this suggests an average of 8% increase in engine power through 2000-6500 rpm - around 20bhp

By comparison plenum spacer and filter only managed 2% (around 5bhp)