Fairlady Z version Nismo type 380RS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 andlid

andlid

Z Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 13:48

Had a look on the Jap markets and found these two babies:

http://www.isi-it.jp...I07hfB6qGlNgQmh

http://www.isi-it.jp...dtZbOGOpyiWPvHX

2008 and 2007 resp... They are called 380RS and has a 3.8 l VQ engine instead of the normal 3.5.. had a quick look around and found this

http://www.nismo.co....n/products/comp ... _spec.html

Thats for a racing version... I'm a bit lost if this is only a 350z that someone got a kit for and changed the stroke on it to get it up to 3.8, does anyone know the story here?

400ps is pretty good  :scare:

(they want a bit of € for them too...)

for a change the auction report doesn't say much either... :blink:
Posted Image
Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute mechanical advice.

NISSAN 350/370Z Garages
^ CLICK-ME
Posted Image

#2 yokomo

yokomo

Z Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 13:57

how much the going for ? tihnk they did sell the 380rs in japan for  short limited run but as you would expect they werent cheap or they could be the nismo v3 with strokers. Amuse also did a 380rs super legara kit whihc looked pretty simalar, either way nice Z if you got the dosh.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

fujitsubo Depo JVC ALPINE vibe Veilside Greddy Japspeed  K and N ferrodo Dixcel Rota

#3 Tarmac

Tarmac

Trader

• Trader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:07

Loving the white one...  :cloud9:
Posted Image

Contact me if you have been quoted cheaper by another UK supplier

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Sole UK Distributor for Invidia USA

Master Distributor for Berk Technology

#4 andlid

andlid

Z Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:11

yokomo said:

how much the going for ? tihnk they did sell the 380rs in japan for  short limited run but as you would expect they werent cheap or they could be the nismo v3 with strokers. Amuse also did a 380rs super legara kit whihc looked pretty simalar, either way nice Z if you got the dosh.
2,900,00 or 3,000,000 YEN was the asking price... Will monitor they'll be up again since neither of them sold  B)
Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute mechanical advice.

NISSAN 350/370Z Garages
^ CLICK-ME
Posted Image

#5 andlid

andlid

Z Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:28

Inside white:

http://www.isi-it.jp...dtZbOGOpvSt0knS

NISSAN 350/370Z Garages
^ CLICK-ME
Posted Image

#6 andlid

andlid

Z Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:31

Not sure re rear  :dry:

http://www.isi-it.jp...I07hfB6qDVjAF3c

NISSAN 350/370Z Garages
^ CLICK-ME
Posted Image

#7 yokomo

yokomo

Z Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:39

darn shame the exchange rate isnt as it used to be of 220 yen now its about 150 ish so  25k ish whihc aint bad if they got the 380 engine !

fujitsubo Depo JVC ALPINE vibe Veilside Greddy Japspeed  K and N ferrodo Dixcel Rota

#8 rich5259

rich5259

Z Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:45

Genuine Nismo 380RS's go for very silly money as they are highly desirable  :teeth:  380RS-C is even better  :cloud9:

see viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30919&hilit=380RS for more info

#9 andlid

andlid

Z Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:55

yokomo said:

darn shame the exchange rate isnt as it used to be of 220 yen now its about 150 ish so  25k ish whihc aint bad if they got the 380 engine !
2 900 000 Japanese yen = 20 925.916 British pounds

NISSAN 350/370Z Garages
^ CLICK-ME
Posted Image

#10 andlid

andlid

Z Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:59

rich5259 said:

Genuine Nismo 380RS's go for very silly money as they are highly desirable  :teeth:  380RS-C is even better  :cloud9:

see viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30919&hilit=380RS for more info
thanks for linky, think they grey one might be a real rs380 but the other ones has gtr wheels and different hood...  :yawn:

NISSAN 350/370Z Garages
^ CLICK-ME
Posted Image

#11 clarkie34

clarkie34

Z Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 15:01

If they are genuine then thats a good price.The 380rs are as rare as rocking horse poop and would be very cautious about buying from Japan anyway.
Posted Image
Signature design by Vale

Nismo, Volk, RSW, Gallery, 5Zigen, KW, Summit, ARC, DBA, Eibach, Hel, Ferodo,Tein,Dreamcustomz,Chargespeed,Varis,Samco,Alpine,Swissvax,ESR,Chilli Red,CS,Finerdetails,RS Tuning.

#12 andlid

andlid

Z Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 15:03

clarkie34 said:

If they are genuine then thats a good price.The 380rs are as rare as rocking horse poop and would be very cautious about buying from Japan anyway.
I feel safer buying from Japan then the dealer around the corner!  :lol: Not sure both of them are real RS versions one looks to be. Could ask but think I'll stop myself now before I order a new auto! bet that would cost massive €€€ in VRT... probably would have to register it as a 350z!

NISSAN 350/370Z Garages
^ CLICK-ME
Posted Image

#13 yokomo

yokomo

Z Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 15:25

youd have al the sva balls as well due to being the first of its type i bet , be a realllly unique car though .

#14 MacW

MacW

Z Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 16:02

Love the bonnet on the white one  :thumbs:
Four wheels good, two wheels bad

#15 GT4 Zed

GT4 Zed

Z Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 16:50

Don't think these are the genuine articles but the prices are very good for the specs!
buying fro japan especially from people like Zele is very safe but SVA and all the other shipping malarky is too much of a hassle that its better to use an agent based here in the UK :thumbs:

If money was no object and i wanted to get a track only car i would nod at RJN to build a FIA GT spec car with 3.8l dry sump and 450ps weighing 1.1-1.2K kgs max.
They a used GT4 spec one for sale at £55K :scare:

http://www.motorspor....com/race-cars/ ... 18183.html
"Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson

"Racing is life. Everything else, before and after, is just waiting." -  Steve McQueen

"There are only 3 sports: Bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games!" -  Barnaby Conrad III

#16 Glenn1981

Glenn1981

Z Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 17:03

someone on NS had a genuine white one of these for a short while that he imported, back in like 2008/2009.  Was gorgeous.  He didnt keep it long, but worth a search for information for anyone interested.
Posted Image

#17 Tarmac

Tarmac

Trader

• Trader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 17:08

andlid said:

:surrender:  :yuck:
Posted Image

Contact me if you have been quoted cheaper by another UK supplier

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Sole UK Distributor for Invidia USA

Master Distributor for Berk Technology

#18 IanS16

IanS16

Z Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 17:38

I love the Amuse 380RS superlegerra but just had a look for a price for the bodykit and its $9000  :scare: (Z1 Auto)

I dont love it THAT much  :lol:
Posted Image
ESR / Nismo / Volk / Varis / Blitz / Berk / Rays / PIAA / JWT / Cusco / K&W / KAD / RSW / Motordyne / Stillen / Exedy / Helix / Ferodo / Tommy Kaira / DBA / Falken / Evo-R  / Samco / Zspeed / Mikalor /