Extended warranty - is the Bose stereo covered

matth76

Hi

I have just bought a 350z from a Nissan main dealer and am picking up my new car (which is 3.5yrs old) in just over a week. I am about to buy 2 year's extended full manufacturer's warranty (on the paperwork it is called "Nissan Premium Care - 3-7yr 80k"). I am getting it all half price for a total of £400 from the Nissan dealer. Just interested to know if the "common problem" of cd's skipping in the GT's Bose stereo is covered by the extended mfr warranty? And also whether the "crunching gears" is covered? I have been told by the dealer that the stereo is not covered under the extended mfr warranty. I mentioned that the Bose had a technical service bulletin against it and they said there had never been a bulletin against the stereo. What's the case with the stereo exactly - is there a technical bulletin for it? It's definitely a "known" issue. Hopefully it wont be an issue and my stereo will be fine but just like to be prepared with a bit of knowledge :D

Thanks for any help.

The nissan dealer told me no you don't anymore but then went on to say the garage would have to use genuine nissan parts - even a non oem washer would invalidate it. Therefore I would assume upgraded brake pads or a Nismo exhaust would also invalidate it?? There was something the dealer said the other non nissan garage would have to be - I think it was ec registered (which doesnt make sense) but not sure at all.

The nissan dealer told me no you don't anymore but then went on to say the garage would have to use genuine nissan parts - even a non oem washer would invalidate it. Therefore I would assume upgraded brake pads or a Nismo exhaust would also invalidate it?? There was something the dealer said the other non nissan garage would have to be - I think it was ec registered (which doesnt make sense) but not sure at all.

not so sure on the Nismo Exhaust. It is sold afterall by Nissan themselves. If you can prove than parts added are better than the original ones then I think you'd have a case. For instance by putting a better oil in rather than the one used by Nissan wouldn't negate your warranty if a problem arose. Obviously wear and tear has to be taken in to account with any of this.