Programming a key fob

Sunny1

Hi all,

Having trouble with programming a new key fob i have brought of e-bay, i have started the steps 1 to 10 as listed below but keep on falling down on step 3 :surrender: (i have tried about a dozen times or so leaving a short time between each try and locking/unlocking the car each time), i have even got the g/f to look and see if the hazards/warning lights come on, my car is a UK one and it only came with one key, hence the reason why i need another one, i suppose my question is if the car comes with three keys originally would one of the three be a master key which would allow you to programme from using the steps below or would any one of the three keys preform the programming sequence.

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning

lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

Any help would be much appreciated :thumbs:

And this is what a Nissan dealer will charge £45 + vat to do on each key??

Your right ab350z, i got quoted £51 :headhurt: to have one fob programmed, i then asked how much it was for a new key and the fob programmed...... answer £131 + vat. :rant:

Spooky I was going to post up a similar thread about fobs yesterday. Anyone know if this would work on a JDM? If I get the ebay key, can I get it cut at a normal locksmith?

Ozz i believe you can get it cut from a local lock smith ( i've been told to take my new blade in to Nissan and they will cut it free of charge by one of the managers.... which i thought was nice of him.

PS

i paid £13.50 for the fob and new blade

• 2 years later...
Ok, did as said in the guide, programmed both keys, the original works fine, unlocks/locks the doors and starts the car but the second key will only unlock/lock but won't start.

Am I doing something wrong?

did you try the guide in GIXXERUK's post in this thread and not the first post