Loving the Z and being back on a car forum

Hi everyone,

I picked up my Z a few weeks ago, as a second car that I can have a bit of a mess with and escape from the dull but comfortable drive of a large turbo diesel engine.

What I often tend to do with cars I like is research the hell out of a number of options, then just go with one. Once I had decided that it was a 350z I wanted (other options were S2000 and Z4 - typical contenders from what I've found). What I should have done was drive all 3 and decide - but firstly I feel cheeky just driving a car with no genuine intention of buying it, and I can be quite impatient, and that whole process of would take a fair bit of time and effort.

I found one at the right price, albeit it was a long drive away, arranged some time off work and went down to collect a car which I had never even driven another example of.

This all sounds like the wrong way to buy a car, but it all worked out - car had good history, low owners, was the colour I wanted and the price I was happy paying for the spec I was after - GT. The journey home was a bit pants, ended up stuck on the Dartford bridge for 3 hours stuck as they had shut the motorway - but gave me plenty of time to familiarise myself with the car.

Some of the bodywork needs some love and attention, but was genuine and nothing was hidden under resprays - this will be the area I focus on first - a few small marks / scuffs and paint swirls. Engine is spot on, and I love the drive, noise and overall experience that the car offers - I am really pleased with my choice.

Of course I have plans for the car, I have hovered around the site for a while checking out other members' cars to get ideas. I like the idea of the steering wheel retrim to a square bottom and mixed leather as a starting point.

Thanks

Of course...some quick pics...first one taken was when I was stuck on the bridge...

post-33500-0-78159300-1498684013_thumb.jpg

post-33500-0-88993700-1498684153_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like it's in lovely condition, cosmetics are easy to fix I'm forever swapping bits of trim inside and fiddling with things to get it how I want and that's why it's a great car, nothing on it is silly money but you'll have a fantastic time and love it to bits :) Still loving mine after 7 years!

Welcome!

Are you north or south of the river?

• Like 1

Looks like it's in lovely condition, cosmetics are easy to fix I'm forever swapping bits of trim inside and fiddling with things to get it how I want and that's why it's a great car, nothing on it is silly money but you'll have a fantastic time and love it to bits :) Still loving mine after 7 years!

Welcome!

I'm from the West Mids, travelled to Kent to get the car - was quite a day!

Welcome!

I'm from the West Mids, travelled to Kent to get the car - was quite a day!

But a nice ride.

Enjoy the Zed.

PBWY.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome I'm a Z newbie as well.you sound just like me when comes to buying cars.bought mine in may never driven one no very little about them got up on the Sunday morning about 7 decided to drive to Norfolk to have a look at couple Zed's.the rest is history.by the way I'm east mids are you at Donington tomorrow cheers

:thumbs::welcome: Can't beat low owners, needs a stubby. :D

Agreed mate, I did try a test removal - albeit just a hand twist off and it wants to stay put for now - will try again at some point.

Hi and welcome I'm a Z newbie as well.you sound just like me when comes to buying cars.bought mine in may never driven one no very little about them got up on the Sunday morning about 7 decided to drive to Norfolk to have a look at couple Zed's.the rest is history.by the way I'm east mids are you at Donington tomorrow cheers

Hi, thanks for the welcome, and for everyone else who has welcomed me to the forum.

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow, maybe next year.