Samsung S7 to S8 +

Flex

Anyone made the jump, I've just ordered an S8+ as my S7 went in for repair and I guess I'll sell the S8 (buy some tyres for the Zed) if I dont see much advantage over the S7.

Just wondered....

Don't think its a huge difference, mostly screen and camera improvements.

Still all the same apps, same OS, same update schedule etc. If your S7 still works well no point upgrading unless you need the latest and greatest for pub points ?

Think they sell for about £500, good car funds for the month :) Tyres wise, I can recommend the Rainsport 3's and they cost less than the phones value with enough for a geo check thrown in ;)

• Like 1

I've got an s7 edge and find it perfectly capable of what I want it to do.

Smart phone history

-iPhone 3gs

-Samsung galaxy s3

-Samsung galaxy s5 (only had for a month)

-Samsung galaxy s7 edge

So you can see I don't upgrade all too often, I found my S3 to be struggling to keep up performance wise and getting long in the tooth.

Bought a refurbed s5 for £200 in eBay and was quite happy with it. Certainly an improvement.

Then my boss offered me a brand new in box s7 edge as he bought it and decided he didn't like android and is an apple person at heart. So I bought that for about £250 or so, I couldn't say no.

Sold my s5 to my brother for £100 and he is quite satisfied with it. So as you can see, I don't change unless there's a noticeable gap from what I have to what I'm upgrading to.

I'd stick with the S7

Edited by Exec

I'm running an S7, have been since release and I love it. Does everything I need and then some, battery life is still good for a full days use (used for work a lot), is still rapid and mulitasks well, screen is awesome and sound isn't bad either..

My friend just got an S8 and sure it looks the business, like proper cool.. and as mentioned the camera/screen are slightly better but overall I can't see myself upgrading just yet.. not with the tags on them right now that's for sure! New tires all the way ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by 4K1R4-350Z

That one plus 5 spec looks great however, the service in the samsung store is something that is also great. I dont want to fly to china for my phone to be fixed.

I use the phone for business so it's important to have repaired quickly.

Thanks for the feedback guys, see how it goes.

The killer feature for me about the S7 is the camera and the expandable SD card storage - The S8 is suppose to be a bit better but the S7 camera is already so good it's virutally made my proper camera redundant.

The HDR feature even works well in severely back light situations where I suspect many DSLR would struggle to compose an image, and the focus speed is good enough to capture my daughters crazy expressions.

I know the OnePlus cameras have good specs but not convinced the software implementation is as good as Samsung.

35376231365_e5f3c854b8_c.jpg

34623481001_1acc82c629_c.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

I also use my S7 Edge for work, I too am impressed with the camera and I take 30+ images on a daily basis for marketing purposes online.

So in essence it has replaced my camera too, the lighting (most important bit) is easy to adjust using the slider and multi focus is brilliant. It performs better than most mid range cameras. The pictures it takes (highest res setting) is actually overkill and they are too big for their purpose so I need to resize to 800x600 to avoid any buffering online.

No doubt the S8 will be better, but in a years time there will most likely be an S9 which outdoes that. Technology is advancing quick, cramming lots of tech and processing power into a tiny package.

^Just looked up the camera spec on the S8... Rear camera exactly the same as S7!!

You should get a good price for the S8.

Hopefully, the S8 feels better to hold but everything else seems the same, for the price difference I think I'll keep the S7 unless I have an awesome week at work and change my mind.

I had an S3, then an S5, then the S7 edge, and now an S8+.

The GF got my S5 which is now a bit worn, so she got the older S7 which justified me getting the S8 hahaha

It's LOTS of small tweaks.

Personally I really like not having a home button, and it's on screen, meaning more screen to watch Por- I mean youtube.

The camera is a lot better, not just sheer quality but it seems to work faster and more effectively. Focus is good etc.

I can't offer much else, the S8 feels faster but could just be different animations etc

Battery life is the same despite being a bigger screen etc

I personally would only go for it if you intend to give the S7 away

My company phone is the J3 S7. No complaints. My personal phone is an S4 as I refuse to upgrade when it does everything I need it to.

Mobile phones seem to have plateaued so an S8 to me is pointless. I'm just waiting for the next big revolution :)

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1