Were you a kid in the 90s??? You need this!!!

350 Russ

Master system and MegaDrive for me too, best mate had the Snes and the 64 so we had the best of both :)

I went on to PS and he went Xbox (eventually) seems to be a trend of those who were Sega went Sony and the Nintendo guys went with Microsoft.

But as for the MegaDrive, Road Rash, Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, Golden Axe and Outrun. Those were the days :)

If only we had a games thread where this was mentioned yesterday morning...

:p

Can't seem them doing an N64, the cost of the controllers will be significantly more plus you'll never get Goldeneye due to licensing issues (it's why we've never had a remastered or re-released copy, even on Virtual Console).

I did think it was familiar from the gaming thread

Megadrive was so much better than the SNES. Granted the SNES had Mario World, but the MD had everything else. IMO the console battle winners have went in this order -

NES

Mega Drive

N64

Sony PS

Sony PS2

Xbox 360

Sony PS4.

MD was crap compared to the SNES.

SMW was better than all the Sonics

Zelda better than all the Phantasy Stars

SMK better than... Well, did the MD have any exclusive racers? SNES also had F-Zero too.

It had the definitive versions of SF2, which was THE series to have back then.

However, in deference to the MD (as I did have both) it did do FIFA better, and of course it had the SOR series which was immense. I do enjoy my MD (playing Desert Strike on that feels more right than on the SNES), but in every area that matters the SNES was better.

N64 was part of the 5th gen of consoles, so up against the PS. Not a winner there, deffo.

MD was crap compared to the SNES.

SMW was better than all the Sonics

Zelda better than all the Phantasy Stars

SMK better than... Well, did the MD have any exclusive racers? SNES also had F-Zero too.

It had the definitive versions of SF2, which was THE series to have back then.

However, in deference to the MD (as I did have both) it did do FIFA better, and of course it had the SOR series which was immense. I do enjoy my MD (playing Desert Strike on that feels more right than on the SNES), but in every area that matters the SNES was better.

N64 was part of the 5th gen of consoles, so up against the PS. Not a winner there, deffo.

I agree about the Marios, I hated Sonic. The MD have Virtual Racing, Micro Machines and some Ferrari and Lotus games I think, but I don't know if they were exclusive or not.

Streets of Rage is amazing, I still play it from time to time :lol: Theres also Golden Axe and Shinobi which I think were both exclusives and Earth Worm Jim, but I think that was cross platform.

Yup, I can delete the N64 from that list, in my mind it was released prior to the PS1, but it was actually 2 years after it.

Ooh Micro Machines, good call! I loved that so much, that 4p cart was genius. Virtua Racing was a bit guff though, plus £70 for it which is £130 in today's money. Scary stuff.

I still play SOR too :blush: