My rx7 fd3s daily *apexi ecu now fitted*

redzed8

I still haven't recovered from what they did to the one on wheeler dealers.

God I remember that!

Absolutely horrendous :lol:

Quite the talk on the forums, i think on the show the previous owner was so impressed with what they did, he bought it back from them..... ;)

Sadly they had hit "that price range" when i got out of them, but seems they are firming up a little now which is a good thing, just as much as Ekona bangs on about having a Porsche :yawn: , everyone should own a rotary at some point, i can safely say, there is nothing else like them, preferably the 7 :)

P.s dont keep starting and stopping it now op, you will only flood it again, it needs a proper thrashing to clear it out, then whip the plugs out, give them a good clean and you are good to go, keep us posted :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Love the sound of the rotary , only problem is it only stays running when its on jumpleads without it doesnt want to stay started and its got a new battery.

Thanks for the advice jetpilot i wont be starting it now until its back from rx motors :)

Edited by redzed8

Also raised the coilovers and wrote a list of things thay need doing,

For being sat 8 years the ohlins coilovers wound up so easily without any effort at all.

IMG_20170420_192030357_zpsub4rdo2q.jpg

Edited by redzed8

TT350 im not sure, im around 5 foot 10 and it feels perfect for me i drive lent quite far back (gangsta lean lol!) So i dont have much issues with height and my feet touch the pedals perfectly.

To be fair though no one will be able to sit behind me and its a struggle to get a full size adult in the back too.

• Like 1

Mines pretty unmolested and imaculate inside and no rust anywhere i paid less then 3k as a none runner.

I Could sell it easily now for more then i paid now its running but i wont.

Just need to keep an eye out for the bargains.

Still so happy with it and hopefully all goes well tuesday fingers crossed :).

Edited by redzed8

Cars dropped off at rx motors, u can tell this guy knows his stuff , walked in and there is so many rx7s and 8s even a 4 rotor being built.

IMG_20170425_093159490_zpslmzd1e0c.jpg

IMG_20170425_110637686_zpsxuk0aifb.jpg

Cant wait to get it back :).

• Like 1

Exec i know what u mean they are so stunning which is the reason i wanted one, exactly the same reason i liked the 350z beautiful cars both of them.

I haven't driven it yet but i hope its crazy fast and can keep u with my cousins r34 gtt haha :)

That rx7 is nice Jay kay , i couldnt have an auto though but i do love them in red i must admit.

Mines registered as a 2.6 but there are a few out there registered as 1.3s .

Just rang tim and hes replaced the fuel pump with a original item ( i fitted a pump from a bmw e36 328i as we had one spare)

But the car still wont run over half throttle so hes guna have another look at it later.

He also said when turning it over it sounded like it had good compression, im still guna have the test done for peace of mind.

Interesting that, cos a 1.3 here (which is what all RX7s and 8s are registered as here), will run you about 180e a year in road tax, whereas if it was registered as a 2.6, it would be 880e a year!! Completely useless info for you all, but hey. :)

• Like 1

There was a bit of a uprising regarding taxation in the community, in cubic capacity as per piston engines they are 1300cc, even says in the handbook 2 x 635cc (or similar), my first one was registered as a 2.6 but managed to get it reclassified as a 1.3, with a refund, but i seem to remember dvla getting wise to it.

Pretty sure all Rx8's are registered as 2.6.

• Like 1