Bouncers Bead Juice - Tested!

ConnorW06

Taken from the product specification:

• New from Bouncer's is Bead Juice. A Nano Tech Exterior Protection Sealant that can be applied either wet or dry. - Bead Juice is perfectly safe to use on any other coating or existing wax layers. - Can also be used on all exterior inc glass/plastics/alloys etc. Keep your car protected and looking cleaner for longer.
  • Dry method. As you would a Quick Detailer, very light mist onto a panel, spread well with soft buffing cloth, turn over cloth and buff again if necessary. Done.
  • Wet Method. After your usual wash method i.e rinse after shampoo, spray the product onto the wet panel and rinse off straightaway. - The product is very active, so you can 'level' out the product as well by spreading with a soft MF or sponge applicator, then rinse off - Dry car normally.

Thought I'd treat the Zed to the highly rated Bouncers Bead Juice a few days back, after hearing how easy the application is I was a little skeptical to be honest, but the results speak for themselves! Worth noting the Zed had very little protection before applying the product, so it was up against it before I even started! Got mine from here:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/bouncers-bead-juice-exterior-nano-tech-sealant-5-litre.php

I went for the "Wet Method", simply washing the car thoroughly first, rinsing off and leaving the car wet, applying the product and rinsing off. It's genuinely as easy as that!

Video showing the little protection the Zed had before applying the Bead Juice:

Video showing the protection the Zed now has after applying the Bead Juice:

The product is meant to give up to 4 months of protection, I will be sure to keep you guys updated as to how long it lasts. Impressive stuff none the less though!

• Like 1

What's the money?

Any better than Sonax BSD?

I got a 5 Litre container and paid £45, so works out at £9 a litre, a little cheaper than the average Meguiars / Autoglym spray detailer cost. Obviously this product isn't meant to be used after every wash making it even better value for money.

I've never personally used Sonax BSD, but have used loads of other spray detailers and spray waxes from tonnes of different companies ranging from the entry level product for £5 a litre to the high end stuff that's £18 a litre. Genuinely nothing comes close to the immediate protection this product provides and ease of application.

To be honest I'd be more than happy with the product even if I had to apply it after each wash like I usually would with the other spray detailers, just down to how easy it was to dry afterwards and the protection it has provided. The paintwork feels like it's just been clayed and waxed!

You have me intrigued...

I have tried loads of spray detailers over the years,but always seem to fall back to the sonax as the water sheeting and beading is pretty incredible.

But the Sonax can be a bit tricky to use...

I will have a go with the bouncers and see whats what..

:D

You have me intrigued...

I have tried loads of spray detailers over the years,but always seem to fall back to the sonax as the water sheeting and beading is pretty incredible.

But the Sonax can be a bit tricky to use...

I will have a go with the bouncers and see whats what..

:D

Honestly, after trying loads of different sprays from all different companies all promising different things, I went into this one with a bit of a "here we go again" attitude, and it's genuinely the first spray detailer / wax that made me stand back and say wow!

I've (attempted :lol:) to put a video together showing the process of how quickly it is to apply, and what results you get in such a short time frame. The rear quarter panel already has some product on it from where I'd just done the boot, but keep an eye on the door handle section where you can see there's almost zero protection.

I'd definitely recommend getting some and trying it for yourself, I'm very impressed!

• Like 3

This is by no means a QD. Then again neither is BSD by any stretch of the marketing ploy... despite the marketing ploy.

This is is no way comparable to BSD in any measure. BSD is a spray on wipe off sealant, this is Bouncers version of HydrO2, WetCoat or HydroCoat. It's designed to be a maintenance product of sorts but can be used as a stand alone sealant. It's nano based rather than polymer based that BSD.

Even if it wasn't as good as the other three mentioned, this will always urinate all over BSD in every way, every day of the week.

To be completely honest I struggle to get my head around what bracket most of the products on the market today fall under. They all seem to promise great protection and long lasting shine, whether they be a quick detailer, spray wax or spray sealant. I understand how the products are created and what goes into them differs from one to another..

All I know is that I've used alot of different spray products before and none have given this level of protection, yet to see how long it lasts though :D

Im much the same.

Im an amateur detailer at best,but have a decent DA and rotary....

i understand the differences,but when BSD came out it was a bit of a game changer.....Or i thought so anyway,just a quick wipe as a QD and you got some serious water behaviour...

Anyway.....

The end result between the 2 in the video doesnt look poles apart for me,despite them being poles apart as a product..

I have got some on the way now,so will give it a good go and see how it goes...

Also why not try some BSD and see what you think,it was only £6 from euro inc delivery on a deal so worth a go.

Just watched the video and I'm with you, the beading and sheeting properties look very similar, one definitely didn't stand head and shoulders above the other.

When it comes to cost I usually don't look too into it as long as the product works well, but £6 for a product that produces them results is ridiculous really, what else is around that price bracket? Can't overlook that aspect at all. What kind of protection to you get from the BSD in terms of longevity?

I'm more than willing to try anything as long as it's safe and works, I find myself not looking at the brand name or where it comes from as much as I used to. Seems the 'smaller' detailing companies are producing better products then the big hitters these days.

Luckily there's always some smarta*se around here to come and explain these things. :lol:

Honestly I have little knowledge with the actual engineering (if you can call it that) and ingredients (pretty sure im using all the wrong words here :lol: ) that make these products act differently and make them better or worse for different applications, so definitely not a bad thing for you to be educating us guys :lol:

Edited by ConnorW06

Names don't bother me, or the ingredients to be fair..

End results are what I'm interested in..

I used to use optimum optimax sealer a few years ago.. it was all the rage at one point, I'm sure that was a nano sealer too...

I don't mind trying anything as long as it's not too expensive... lol..

I do have a pot of Zymol Royale in the fridge though 😂😂😂

Rule of thumb for detailing products for me is;

1. Smells of banana or other sickly fruit. Probably not very good.

2. Comes in an eye catching colour. Probably not very good.

3. Ilogikal says its good.....its probably good.

4. My respected industry peers use it. Its probably good.

5. If you have to pay a subscription to be 'approved' to use it, is probably not very good.

SiRamik for example.......small company, doesnt promise the earth and wont make claim it cant back up. You cant buy your way into approval and the guys i know who are approved are very, very good detailers.

As said above some small companies are making excellent products but the big boys will still sell because 'gucci' detailing kit will always sell because of the badge and because its bright green and smells of a monkeys lunch.

Autobrite for example are absolutely bang average products (with the exception of a few) but theyre all bright colours, sweet smells amd relatively cheap prices so people go mad for it.

You have to ask the question if the product has a smell, a colour AND a cheap price then less development must of gone into the functional ability of the product itself.

My tuppenceworth anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wash my car each weekend, I use Gyeon Q2M Bathe+ which gives a great run off of water etc. Obviously I clay, polish and wax every couple of months as well. Given the Bathe+ on the car regularly, do I need something like this sealant? (apologies for daft question if this falls into that category!)

Not really...

You seem to be putting enough product on..

Depends if you just like trying new products that may suit better...

At the price point I will have a try with anything..I have pots and pots of stuff...

I do like fusso and ion coat wax at the cheaper end of the market too...

I just think with the excellent wax I use and the Bathe+ wash each week, I don't think this spray on stuff is worth the extra effort?

Bathe+ is amazing btw, I recommend people give it a go in place of your normal shampoo.

Thumbs down :(

I will let you know next week.....

Bead juice should be here tommorrow or Saturday.... So will see if it offers and real differences to BSD,although i suspect i will last longer.

That said,i think the longevity of BSD is excellent considering its just a wipe on product. I wiped over my old dog bus Mitsubishi about 6 weeks ago,its never seen polish but does gets washed weekly and the beading is still great..

I wash my car each weekend, I use Gyeon Q2M Bathe+ which gives a great run off of water etc. Obviously I clay, polish and wax every couple of months as well. Given the Bathe+ on the car regularly, do I need something like this sealant? (apologies for daft question if this falls into that category!)

If you're topping up Bathe+ on a weekly basis you won't need anything else at all. These spray on rinse off products are essentially the same basis for Bathe+ just by a different delivery method. You could probably get away with using Bathe+ on a monthly basis with little detrimental effect so there's no need for another product as well.

• Like 2