Japfest Sunday 30th April 2017 @Silverstone

andy james

Noob question

Do we need helmets if we are doing track time ? Or they supplied or just don't need them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you do need to wear a helmet and your arms and legs need to be covered so no shorts or singlets! Lol.Also you need to produce both parts of your driving licence.

Probably a daft question but are there any facilities available to allow people to wash and clean their cars.

Don't think I'm gonna get a chance to do it from now till Sunday

Pretty sure they have outside taps near the toilets (cold only) - bring your own bucket - most will have quick detailer to wipe over the cars on arrival Andy James and Humpy will have a full detailing kit tyre shine and numerous clothes in the boot the only difference is Humpy's will be in a bag that it takes 2 strong men to lift and Andy's will be organised in alphabetical order or size of bottle in his meticulously arranged boot.

Before anyone says That's harsh ask either of them if I'm lying :p

:lol:

O so looking forwards to the weekend :thumbs:

The banter starts here :)

That puts my mind at ease.cannot wait now. 😁😁😁😁

Looking forward to seeing your car B)

Probably a daft question but are there any facilities available to allow people to wash and clean their cars.

Pretty sure they have outside taps near the toilets (cold only) - bring your own bucket - most will have quick detailer to wipe over the cars on arrival Andy James and Humpy will have a full detailing kit tyre shine and numerous clothes in the boot the only difference is Humpy's will be in a bag that it takes 2 strong men to lift and Andy's will be organised in alphabetical order or size of bottle in his meticulously arranged boot.

Just don't mention the army to Keyser. ;)
  • Like 1

Thanks ! Anyone doing particular times ? I haven't booked and haven't done it before I. My own car so would be good so go with someone (who will leave me on track 😂)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't booked and paid for track time by now I think you'll find bookings are closed.

Don't suppose anyone getting excited?

I am!!!!

I am sure we all are Andy ,after the hibernating season :wheelchair: finally the first and probably biggest show is upon us

downside is they announce strong winds (35mph) on Sunday so I'll be careful where the flags go ;)

Would love to say your lying.... but I cannot :lol:

Though you did forget to mention the mobile snack/drink machine my car is. Normally supply Buster with fizzy drinks for the duration of the day :blush:

As Papa Smurf said just dont mention the war to Keyser,and if you do happen to mention it, pull up a chair and have a pillow on standby ;):lol:

• Like 6

Don't suppose anyone getting excited?

I am!!!!

I am sure we all are Andy ,after the hibernating season :wheelchair: finally the first and probably biggest show is upon us

downside is they announce strong winds (35mph) on Sunday so I'll be careful where the flags go ;)

Luckily the Zed Shed flag stands are apparently manufactured and tested to storm force 10!

• Like 3

Ahhh Did some one mention the war?

Now then pull up a sandbag and I'll tell you some stories ............

Bunch of war dodgers in here they just don't understand but let me just say

During the war >............

• Like 1

I'm going to buy a helmet today for my tracktime and odd trackdays....

Does anyone know for sure if you can wear an open faced helmet on any track or trackday ??

Do some tracks say you have to have a full face one etc??

Does anyone know for sure if you can wear an open faced helmet on any track or trackday ??

Open face helmet is fine unless you are in a convertible. I race with one as you have better visibility.

Open face helmet is fine unless you are in a convertible. I race with one as you have better visibility.

Us real men have full face helmets and race open top :p

• Like 2

Hey all, Sky Insurance have requested my Zed on the Fast Car stand with them Sunday, I have always offered to "lend" them Zed at shows- as in the past I wouldn't have been able to insure my past 14 cars without them providing me with excellent rates each year. It is a shame it's late notice -but I'll be over to chat and see you through-out the day (though planning on watching F1 race there too if poss!!) I have let Japfest know as I had a stand/club pass etc, so that side of things is sorted and up to date. Really excited for this again at Silverstone ! See you all Sunday :hug: