Ztrudul

Strudul

Reckon I'll source some proper leather from UK Hide (recommended by Royal Steering Wheels) and then stitch some thicker (6mm +) foam to it.

Have you priced up the leather? I know from experience that UK HIde aren't keen on selling part hides so you could well end up paying a lot of money for far more leather than you actually need!

Perhaps you'd be better asking Jack or another trimmer if they have some spare that they'd like to sell you.

Nope, not got that far yet. Still in the concept stages and all my free time is being taken up making louvres.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

Louvre progress has been slow, well, negative, so trying to cure the itch by planning other mods.

Pretty sure my tranny mount is shot, so was looking at getting a fancy new replacement when I stumbled across some DIY guides.

Just buy Polyurethane of your desired hardness , drill out the shitty rubber from the bush in your mount and pour in the PU.

3 examples:

Honda

Mr2

350Z

I like that :thumbs:

instead of putting such a wide one at the base better put 2

Cheers.

It's an option, but I don't think it would quite work...

Window looks like this, imagine the Blue triangles are the triangle-y upwards edges of the blades:

d8101e4160f4079ccf982442678b0a8e.jpg

As the window curves, the only way to put another in that bottom space would be to angle the edge really weirdly, which wouldn't follow the rest of the blades and still wouldn't cover the glass as it curves out:

1c30cba9f10cfd9c9013f6f9a83dc36b.jpg

Even if you make is a very sharp angle this this, it will still have to be a very large blade to cover the glass as it curves out.

2a4ca56320c92920b8fdc6bba49190db.jpg

Another options is to do a big blade edge that overlaps, but then you are no longer following the glass and it might look out of place:

1f3626d72dfd85a8de081e7ca9cece80.jpg

Instead you can do what the cardboard blade is showing:

2790f3f8e8834c7109dc13fa6fc3ddcb.jpg

Or curve it up like so:

8e5b17fee3a87a5bb84c68a01bf55639.jpg

Edited by Strudul

That's really smart, looks good colour matched to the car.

It's scratched to shite though, so will need painting regardless (or at least sanding and polishing or something).

Thinking of making it black and doing the wheels (and roof) to match.

Aye, looks sweet. Personally I want to black out my reflectors, but I'd go clear if I were you. What are the plans for the badges? If you're getting rid of all the silver on the car and your wheels aren't silver, then you've gotta change your door handles too :bleh:

Hype five...

All blades cut and bent. I'd like to say most of the work is done, but in reality there's still some bits to trim, the supports to hold it together need sticking on, then everything needs sanding, priming, painting etc. Need warmer weather really though...

LM8u9HY.jpg

MIwXagJ.jpg

lrETrBX.jpg

Vjauyrm.jpg

KhDFhUZ.jpg

hPLMg0o.jpg

TMpnKWz.jpg

cyMrV7w.jpg

FvL3NPA.jpg

3Nvb9FI.jpg

E5jvtsr.jpg

UEHmhQe.jpg

Last blade looks a bit weird from some angles, but it's just an illusion due to the extra length (as you can see it looks perfect when looking across the blades).

Edited by Strudul

That's ace, looks awesome. Yeah I was thinking I'd need to do door handles too. I agree black reflectors wouldn't work on mine. Since that pic I've fitted a power increasing stubby and led side lights.

Must be running around 400hp now then... at the wheels! :lol:

Gotta get yourself a forum sticker too, those add an extra 350 torques :thumbs:

Aye, hard to pull off two-tone.

Kinda works here though:

5353904480_e5d3722178_b.jpg

But I reckon just the roof looks better (as long as you don't mind being mistaken for a Peugeot RCZ):

dowork376.jpg

We had a thread on this a few years ago ... my view is that a black roof with a limo tint rear window looks best

IMG_0052.jpg

• Like 2