Take 2 let's try again :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone who can make stuff like that not far from you

I've got a few options

But do tell :)

Sent on your facebook ;)

Thanks for that rich! I have contacted them and I'm going to see them at the end off the month regarding fabrication of a custom crash bar :)

Also while I'm updating this. on Ekonas recomdation I am going to centre gravity for the day on the 21st of aprill for what they call a chassis tune

Since fitting the KW v3 and all the other suspension components I feel the car wants properly setting up

So they will cornerweight the car set up the dampers for bump/rebound etc

Do a full geo

Look at anti roll bar adjustments

And the list goes on

It's a full day based on 8 hours in which they are happy for me to stay with them and they will explain the whole process

It isn't cheap there full day is 480+vat

But from what I have seen and herd of these guys they know what they are doing so fingers crossed it should be a Good day :)

I'll report back on how it goes :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

You are fairly limited to what you can do re-corner weighting on a road car since you are limited to what you can move about but a good geometry set up makes the world of difference

You are fairly limited to what you can do re-corner weighting on a road car since you are limited to what you can move about but a good geometry set up makes the world of difference

Surely if the ride height has never been set properly then it's about getting all 4 wheels to have even contact with the ground

I'm no expert

Just the way I saw cornerweighting

Kind of like adjusting a tripod

Surely if the ride height has never been set properly then it's about getting all 4 wheels to have even contact with the ground

I'm no expert

Just the way I saw cornerweighting

Kind of like adjusting a tripod

Yes you can adjust ride height but as i said that only goes so far, often you need to physically move weight around so moving items like the battery or other things to ensure that the weight is as equal as possible

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to find time today to grab a quick clean up

Since I've had it back I've just been getting out as much as possible to try and find anything that needs sorting!

But 2k in and all seems well it seems between bennets fitting and Litchfields mapping all is well :)

Mods wise nothings happend apart from I've got the ings rep lip to go on which rsv graphics are doing when they tint the windows and wrap the roof etc might even have a cheeky wheel color change while I'm there.

So here's a couple of clean pics

20170402_193022_zpsrk0h4esh.jpg

20170402_192955_zpsbdlzobgb.jpg

20170402_193208_zpscpqibtta.jpg

20170402_193256_zpsxrzfk9ik.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been exchanging a few ecutek logs with Litchfield ironing out a couple of niggles one being the range computer now sorted and a bit of a lumpy cold start also now sorted

I've got a very slight hesitation on part throttle were going to sort next

I remembered to grab my dyno sheet from my last run

Screenshot_20170411-125215_zps13p3alax.png

Screenshot_20170412-064044_zpskwm1goae.png

Similar power as last one.

The cars making more boost now so I think Ian held it back to be safe

One thing I do know is those charge Temps are waaaaay down compared to the stock stillen kit

Although the sheets don't show this as I'm pretty sure Ian did that pull before it had chance to heat soak as he told me my car was hitting 60 degrees on the dyno on the old set up

Cars going back to Litchfield in may to have a oil presure sensor wired in so ecu can see it and fail safes mapped in for low pressure

I am booked into centre gravity for the full works on the 21st of aprill so looking forward to that as I am getting some harsh tyre wear on the fronts so I know my geo is way out for starters

I also met with a nice chap called Colin are creative alloy on Saturday to discuss modifying the crash bar to go back on.

However left his place thinking the best course of action may be to have him build me a custom cooler to fit the space I have. and then my crash bar will go back on without modifications .tbc.

He's certain he can do me a cooler that will be as efficient as the treadstone one I have and even said if it isn't I won't charge you! lol so there may be a nice treadstone for sale soon .

Check him out here he dose some great custom builds

https://www.facebook.com/captaincoll/

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 2

Thought it might have pushed a little more , 500hp would be nice if only as a nice round number :)

Sure Creative will sort something good , never met the chap but heard good things about him via drag racing circles

Thought it might have pushed a little more , 500hp would be nice if only as a nice round number :)

Sure Creative will sort something good , never met the chap but heard good things about him via drag racing circles

When Ian tuned it He was getting a lot of false knock readings and wasn't realy happy tricking the knock sensor so didn't.

He said there was no knock in the det cans butility didn't want to send a car out that couldn't look after itself.

I've since found out what I suspected to be the case that something was touching/rubbing somewhere and I was right it was my gredy oil pan on a undertray mounting point.

Ian has said he's happy to push it more if I like but see how it feels first

To be hounest it feels so much stronger it pulls like a bloody train now so think chasing numbers would be daft

I was told 400wheel was a nice safe number on the stock pistons with them being cast

Longevity is the key here I can't afford a rebuild lol

Colin at creative seems a good chap mate cheers for the contact

I'm going to pop back and see him at some point to discuss a few other bits

Any gains would likely be high up the rev range anyway and thats not where they are the most fun , i dont expect you would notice another 20hp to be honest

Yeah that's it I'll only end up in trouble with any more power anyway so I'll stick where I am and keep it safe lol

• 2 weeks later...

So I had my day at centre gravity today .

I will sit down and write up a full review of the day after the weekend as I'm away but wow the car feels beautiful to drive now so balanced and sharp yet compliant exactly what I was after.

Untill I can write a the full day up here's a couple of pictures

20170421_092912_zpsp7a18p3n.jpg

20170421_113340_zpsc6xbwmqp.jpg

Edited by nissanman312

So I thought I'd give you all my thoughts on centre gravity as I'm bored at work lol

So I got there around 8 am on the 26 th I was greeted by Chris and Pete straight away they were very welcoming and got the kettle on :)

Then it was down to business! they asked me what I used the car for and what I wanted from the day,they asked if there was anything I particularly felt was wrong with the way the car handled and what had prompted me to bring the car in.

I told them it was 95%road car with 1/2 track days a year

Once we established what I was looking for it was time for a test drive.

Pete explained what his test drive included for him to try and work out what needed changing on the car.

So he takes the car out of the industrial estate and around the first island to look for understeer which he found and bags of it.

The next test consists of driving up the a5 which has left hand hand and right hand camber for him to establish if the car wants to sit straight or wonder around on its own path.

We found from this that the car was very keen to turn left not so to turn right to the piont that it would slowly pull left on a right hand camber.

Then on to a bumpy b road which is where I felt the car was most out of shape but I couldn't put my finger on why Pete notice this straight away he said the front didn't feel bad but the rear was terrible bouncing and jigging all over to the point you just let off throttle and slow down! Not a good recipe for having fun.

Then he dose a few tests over cobbled streets and speed humps to listen for any unwanted knocks or rattles luckily it was ok in this department which was good as it meant we could get back and crack on getting it set up(or should I say Pete could lol)

So once it goes up on the ramps and the geo gear goes on all is revealed

20170421_094715_zpsjz3gv3oq.jpg

What a mess the back end is all over the show hence not realy wanting to get above 50/60 on a bit road for feeling like the car was throwing you around.

Although I should say apart from this the car didn't handle to bad or so I thought as explained later

Pete explains to me on the computer what's happening and what he suggests to sort it. He sets to work inviting me to stay close and learn how he goes about achieveing a nice set up and correcting the mess that is my back end lol

Pete works on the car pretty much for the next 3 to 4 hours to get somewhere close then he has a bite to eat before cracking on with the afternoon shift setting up the dampers and cornerweights.

I want to soften things up a bit while keeping the ride feeling sporty Pete explains as I have the Ebaich roll bars we can achieve this nice compromise as we are not solely reliant on the kw's to provide stiffness to the chassis.

So we go a few clicks softer than what kw recommend and it's spot on :)

Then Pete sets up the corner weights he explains that I am only about 30kg out across the board but says we can do better lol

So we end up with nothing no difference across the car.

All this takes a good full day and so much is explained to me during the day I may have left a lot out so I apologise if so.

Pete explained to me by looking at my tyres that there was just no need for the camber I had he showed me that I wasn't even getting onto the outside of the tyre in cornering so he said I can have it back when I prove I can use it :)

So for the moment of truth was the cost of a full set up worth it ??

God yes

The car is so easy to drive now it drives straight no nasty pulling at the wheels so you have to constantly adjust the steering and the wheel feels so light

Understeer at road speeds at least is gone 100%

And on that bumpy b road you can cary another 20/30 mph easily with feeling on edge

The price for all this 480+vat

A Lot Of Money Yes

But I've spent thousands on my car and this was one of the most value for money noticeable things I've spent money on

The car just feels right and I can't wait for Europe now :)

Bring on the hairpins

20170427_223110_zpsyt5scqjv.jpg

20170427_223117_zps8vm6n0an.jpg

20170427_223125_zpspc6miseb.jpg

20170427_223139_zpsyhrph5ci.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3

That alignment looks spectacular. Remember having it done on the Honda, was so nice to just point it in a direction and it didnt deviate.

Can only imagine how good it must feel in something as big a Z. Love it when a garage lets you hang around to learn as well, those are the best