Bose Radio Not Working After Connector Came Apart!

RyanT

Ok I'm almost at the stage where I want to set the car alight!

I was removing my radio the other day, and one of the white connectors on the back came apart, meaning all the wires came loose.

Not a problem you think? Just pop them back in? Well unfortunately not, I found a wiring diagram and did just that and the bloody thing won't turn on!

vqJwecE.jpg

Note, that this connector diagram is as though you are looking at the connector head on? (I confirmed this by looking at the diagram in relation to other connectors which hadn't fallen apart!

UZr45z9.jpg

I've checked all interior fuses here:

5CN5xl2.jpg

Lkq4NKM.jpg

All seem fine.

Plus I've got the voltmeter out, and checked the wires on that connector and there's voltage (when using the aerial connector as an earth) where you'd expect. So it's definitely getting power.

Plus the illumination works when you turn on the lights!

On top of all this, I even connected the wires directly to the pins, just to make sure the block itself wasn't causing issue.

Anyone that can help and get this thing working will earn some beer tokens from me!

Cheers!

Edited by RyanT

With your meter are u getting 12 volts between pins 9 ( grey ) and 10 ( pink/black ). The supply for the illumination comes in on a different pin ( pin 8 ).

Hi Rich,

Just back out in the car now, nothing registering between pins 9 & 10!

Edit: the only connectors I'm getting a voltage reading from now is between pin 8 (red blue) and the aerial connector. Pin 8 and the grey earth, pin 9 does nothing either.

Edited by RyanT

Pin 9 is a common earth for pins 5 ( electrical ariel ), 8 ( backup for saved info ), 9 ( illumination when your lights are on ) and pin 10 ( main supply to Bose unit ). Your problem is no supply on this pin ( pin 10 ). Check pin is sitting correctly in plug ( is pushed in fully )and the fuse for this supply is not blown. There are 2 other fuse boxes in the engine bay at the bulkhead behind the battery.

Thanks again Richard for the help.

The issue is now fixed, essentially the radio fuse in the fuse box near the battery was blown. Replaced this, still didn't work. Noticed that dials weren't lighting up / electric mirrors weren't working - So replaced the 'mirror' fuse in the interior fuse box and now all is working.

Hurrah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...