HR Jerk - Someone get technical on me

AMT

Ok I'm used to it, I've had it... including today going home in the stop start traffic...yay *waves hands unenthusiastically*. What exactly causes the jerk? Everythings clean, been for its service and sparks not long ago and nothing is covering anything as far as I'm aware. Known fault but apparently not doing any damage... so what the hell is the engine up to when its bucking at low speed?? lol

Just out of sheer curiousity. Mines seems to do it most when slowed right down and your kinda rolling in traffic and no matter whether 1st or 2nd or 3rd when you even gently touch the throttle at times it will 'buck' forward a bit and I'm nowhere near the clutch. And even though I'm not on the clutch I thought it sounded like the flywheel noise at times (but could be wrong), is it something about it hooking up when not on the throttle or is it the actual engine itself

Edited by AMT

Awww I thought this was just a 'common' thing haha So my cars got an issue? I won't be paying for a remap any time soonish so is it doing the car any harm or is it just annoying (I can deal with annoying if it means the cars fine haha)

and thanks for the reply!

Edited by AMT

Mine has a buck when in slow traffic but not bad enough that I couldn't correct it with careful clutch control. At least my left leg is stronger than ever....

Remap may be the way though if you've already tried every combination of revs and clutch to rule out the simple things.

Thanks everybody! Just wanted to find a bit more detail on the actual cause. I've been with it since 2012 so probably the cars fine and never found any issues on services so... it is annoying but not... fork out loads of money remap annoying. haha

Edited by AMT

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly does doing the HFC ...do? What benefit is there? (Im not mechanical lol) All I ever see is problems on this about doing it and failed MOTS ... why would you bother, just stick to normal and put an exhaust on it ..no?

• Like 1

What exactly does doing the HFC ...do? What benefit is there? (Im not mechanical lol) All I ever see is problems on this about doing it and failed MOTS ... why would you bother, just stick to normal and put an exhaust on it ..no?

15 hp or so i guess thats why they are popular

I just kept standard cats and put a cobra resonated on. Still got some extra bhp's with an uprev on standard cats, I didn't want the rasp that comes with hfc's. This is on a HR.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I had exactly the same problem when bought my 07 HR a few months ago. I couldnt live with it so took it back to the dealer. In my case they diagnosed the fuel dampers as the fault. There is a fuel damper on each fuel rail. We got some from the US on Ebay, I think they were about 25 USD each and dont take long to install. Mine runs really smooth at low speeds now. It's a lot more enjoyable to drive :) Dont accept the problem. Give the dampers a go :)

Oh this threads jumped back lol. I kinda live with it, irrating as hell... watching a DB9 infront of me, going home from work today, with its paddles just smoothly moving along :lol::dry: So if I took this to a mapping place and they hooked up some electronic wizardry would this be easily noticed that this ECU exhaust cam timing thing was out??

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not. Mine did not throw up an trouble code. They did a re-learn of the exhaust valve timing. They tried this several times but it kept going out of sync. They reckon the faulty fuel dampers caused this to happen. After the dampers were changed they did the re-learn and its been okay since.

• 1 year later...

holy thread revival..............  yeah my 07HR does this cough on low rev throttle openings. i thought it was me learning to drive a new (to me car) but it's defo not my pedal control. Damned annoying! Might as well get the exhausts changed and then the remap. I thought n/a's were supposed to be silky smooth ?