2JZ Powered 350Z

Ian

As you may have seen, I am making a return to the Z fold.

I honestly had no intention of returning but after breaking up with my Mrs last week & my brother deciding to sell his Z - I thought the best way to get over this disappointment was to build the Z that my first one should have ended up.

I've sold the majority of the Supra parts so will hopefully get the Z into my mates garage in a few weeks once I get back from Dubai.

As you've probably guessed by the project title, its gonna be Supra powered. Forged 2JZ with a Borg Warner S366 turbo & will be controlled by a Syvecs ECU & should hopefully have a few trick features like my original Z did.

At the moment, theres no solid ETA for the project to be completed. Ideally I want it done for Japfest but its not a straight forward project & I don't do simple. It will be done when its done :)

So, onto the donor car(s)

the 350Z

P1011310Medium_zpse85386ca.jpg

P1011301Medium_zpse8d1658f.jpg

Its done 90Kish miles, has 18" Enkei RPF1s, new brakes all round, Alezan interior, APS decats, Invidia gemini exhaust - all of which will be for sale soon.

onto the Engine

Forged 2JZ

Eagle rods

Wiseco pistons

OEM waterpump

Titan Oil Pump

ARP bolts

ACL bearings

New OEM gaskets

Titan cam gears

BC Cams

BC valves

BC retainers

Borg Warner S366 turbo

SRD intake manifold (depending on how much room we have)

PHR pulleys

Still working out the fuel system

attachment_zps65de0988.jpg

attachment_zps4baeceab.jpg

Edited by Ian
  • Like 10

Now this is something that I am interested in! Good luck with a great sounding project!

What gearbox you going to use?

Decided to use the 350z box & running gear.

The Z has a carbon propshaft & has more diff options than the Supra. The supra box is also worth more so was a chance to make up some funds that I can use in other areas. None of the conversion kits that I've seen allow the V160 to be used so it makes more sense I think to go for the Z box with adaptor plate and a decent clutch.

Sorry to read about the break up Ian ~ never nice, .....anyway sounds like your Zed will be an awesome build. B)

Watching this with interest mate. :thumbs:

What better way to get over a woman? :lol:

• Like 2

Now this is something that I am interested in! Good luck with a great sounding project!

What gearbox you going to use?

Decided to use the 350z box & running gear.

The Z has a carbon propshaft & has more diff options than the Supra. The supra box is also worth more so was a chance to make up some funds that I can use in other areas. None of the conversion kits that I've seen allow the V160 to be used so it makes more sense I think to go for the Z box with adaptor plate and a decent clutch.

Sorry to read about the break up Ian ~ never nice, .....anyway sounds like your Zed will be an awesome build. B)

Watching this with interest mate. :thumbs:

What better way to get over a woman? :lol:

Gearbox choice makes a lot of sense then...

Have you not finished this yet? :p

Nice project though Ian, l looking forward to see it progress B)

I guess you will also be going single exit Zorst :lol:

Get back to work Ian.... we need this to be done!!

Yeah I'm pretty gutted about It tbh :( on the plus side I am no longer having to drive from Bristol to Cardiff & back on a daily basis :)

Gearbox should take the power/torque fine :)

Edited by Ian

Awesome work, forged JZ's are the one B)

If you can make the adaptor plate work then I can think of a LOT of people who would be very interested in it as well, W58 and V160's are silly money these days. Good luck, will be keeping a close eye on this I think :thumbs:

BTW, who you going to use for mapping? :)

Yeah I just sold my v160 for £3k which paid for the car near enough!

Not sure who's mapping it yet. Had Ryan map the Supra but was never happy with it. I think it's probably gonna be greg at pro tuner

Yeah I just sold my v160 for £3k which paid for the car near enough!

Not sure who's mapping it yet. Had Ryan map the Supra but was never happy with it. I think it's probably gonna be greg at pro tuner

I find that odd.... Ryan mapped my old supra on a LINK ecu and it was rather good! He has since mapped my GTR and its a beast!

Ahhh, the lovely Mr Gush, I cant recommend him highly enough but I also know Charlie @ SRR has worked with Syvecs a lot, either way this is going to be one fast car :lol:

Charlie and Ryan work together on Syvecs, dont they?

• 2 months later...

Work started yesterday on the 350. Engine is due back any day now & 2jz mount kit & gearbox kit are on order and should be here before Christmas.

Breakup was for the best. I'm with someone who's much nicer & I'm better suited to now :)

• Like 3