Project JDM Whore *Power Enterprise TT Build*

Ian

From the beginning :p

I don't actually have an entire build thread documented anywhere so this is all done from memory :blush:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I originally set out with a simple goal, Nismo Kit, Nismo wheels & APS twin turbo kit - I never quite got there though :blush:

esBldrv.jpg

TLbvV0v.jpg

ogXUj9K.jpg

2c4R34t.jpg

Completely standard & she stayed that way for about 3 days :lol:

Which was when I fitted a JWT popcharger & a polished intake pipe (and my crappy knock off Nismo oil cap :blush: ) I also ordered some wheels which would take aaaaaaaages to arrive.

fDwgFDU.jpg

Then for Christmas I got a Kinetix V4 plenum & a set of ebay decats

Yf0assY.jpg

Eventually the skipping Bose had gotten to me so I ditched that in favour of an Alpine unit with ipod control.

JRtWsy8.jpg

New wheels finally arrived, a whole 5 months after ordering them :dry:

Volk Racing CE28n Time Attack editions (19 x 9.5/19 x 10.5 ET22)

wZ4EypW.jpg

31lYYRo.jpg

IFkBijE.jpg

Edited by Ian

For my Birthday, I treated myself to a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and an Ichiba Y-pipe. I chose the Nur Spec because A.)It was loud and B.) nobody else had one :p

FkSNwTQ.jpg

um0Nboc.jpg

I3ZygRV.jpg

My Dad then decided that the front bumper of my Z was the best way to stop his trailer so I booked it in to have the bumper resprayed, smoothed & a CF intake duct fitted. I also bought a load of Carbon parts off Equibbs, but I'm pretty sure Stevie Wonder made my parts judging by how "well" they fitted :thumbdown:

xPIQxVR.jpg

After a while the Nur Spec exhaust was starting to feel a bit too quiet & to stand out even more I sold it and bought a GReddy Ti-C single exhaust :teeth: (I still get stick for this now :lol: )

CPQM0aN.jpg

j7sgZSK.jpg

Fitted and the rear bumper tucked

JfvhMXj.jpg

33EbNr5.jpg

C2ot0a1.jpg

I then spent about 3 weeks researching lowering springs only to buy some coilovers :lol:

Cusco Zero-2 Coilovers, Cusco front & rear ARBS and a Cusco front strut brace

4RbEbjt.jpg

RzK8fFb.jpg

7z4UG29.jpg

0l0sIxn.jpg

My new strut brace wouldn't fit over the plenum though so I sold the Kinetix& bought a Motordyne spacer

Edited by Ian

A local owner was selling his Z so I made him an offer for his Seibon CF bonnet & picked it up the following afternoon :teeth:

kp1YF9h.jpg

I then bought a Cusco oil catch can, Samco hoses, Stillen engine damper, powdercoated plenum & a CF radiator panel

EE9h382.jpg

I wasn't actually planning on buying this next part at the time but I had been looking for it since I got my Z & it was the last one left.

Mine's carbon fibre lip

y1DLyFs.jpg

mVAGWYg.jpg

Then went a bit mad & sold my seats before I had replacements :blush:

HhSEeqk.jpg

Sold my Cusco strut brace, popcharger, pipe & catch can and added the following:

ARC Intake

ARC Intake pipe

ARC Oil catch can

ARC Titanium strut brace

ARC Oil Cap

ARC Radiator Cap

Weapon-R Polished coolant & power steering tanks

Rare JDM harness cover

CF battery/brake fluid covers

CF battery/brake fluid surrounds

0TiVMab.jpg

At the same time I also bought some Bride Cuga seats & a Team Orange steering wheel

Ovm9eTr.jpg

jIVHddY.jpg

I put the car up for sale at this point to buy a skyline (again :p) but decided to keep it & start collecting parts for a supercharger build :ninja:

I bought some DC sports headers, Turbo XS UTEC, AEM wideband & a Defi oil temp gauge - I also won some Japspeed decats in a competition on here. I then booked the car in with Thor Racing :protest: for mapping. Only for them to call me once I was back home in Cardiff telling me that the ECU was fried - They could sell me a new one though if I wanted :rolleyes:

Cbayzui.jpg

After getting the car back, I put it up for sale (again :lol:)

I was all set for a swap with a R33 GTR but the guy backed out and swapped for a S2000 :thumbdown: I had a couple of viewings but nobody bought it :(

I blame Nurrish for the next bit :p I decided that since I couldn't shift my Z then I would carry on with my FI project. I spent months researching the Vortech kit & then bought a HKS kit :lol: I very nearly bought a GTM twin tubo kit but bottled it due to installation costs - If I bought the TT kit then I would probably still have my Z now. Its my main regret that I bottled that choice :(

Bought a mesh grille & took it to the local dyno before fitting the supercharger, car made 297hp ATF. This figure was with the stock airbox & plenum spacer removed.

A7OipUw.jpg

Dual channel HKS wideband/Knock amp was purchased

NzIzgZs.jpg

Tnc8MI6.jpg

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

:teeth:

035.jpg

036.jpg

I started my build in early March, My Z doesn't fit in the garage so I had to do it at the side of the house. It was cold & wet and even snowed - I will NEVER do this again :lol:I probably would tbh though

Acres of space to work in :lol:

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

Crank pulley removed

040.jpg

PS cooler reloacted

041.jpg

Horns relocated

042.jpg

New crank pulley fitted

043.jpg

Radiator and fans removed

044.jpg

The Original Z Shed TM ;)

045.jpg

Cosworth :cloud9:

046.jpg

Upper plenum off (forgot to take pics of lower plenum removal :doh: )

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

Monster 54mm Koyo radiator fitted

050.jpg

HKS supercharger in place :D

051.jpg

Fan shroud butchered to fit S/C pulleys

052.jpg

FMIC

053.jpg

054.jpg

One pipe left!

055.jpg

Coolant/PS tanks back from paint

056.jpg

Finito

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

Seibon bonnet was sold

060.jpg

And the car went off to Abbey

IMG00016-20100429-1414.jpg

Final figures were

420hp ATF

370 Hubs

350 Torques

7.5 PSI

Abbey also made a few alterations for me (relocated catch can, replaced hoses & changed the air filter to a purple one.

061.jpg

062.jpg

I got it back just in time for Japfest :D

• Like 1

I bought some Bride material & got a shift boot & handbrake boot made. I also bought an ARC gearknob, Nardi handbrake, Bride mats & a new Pioneer headunit. The rest of my Defi gauges also finally turned up.

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

Then I had my wheels refurbed in gloss black as they were looking a bit tired after 3 winters on the car

068.jpg

The final mods to the car were the Craftsquare style mirrors, C-west canards and a Setrab oil cooler

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

My plan was to enjoy the car for a while & eventually get a larger MAF and fit my smaller S/C pulley. I ended up stripping the car about 2 months after my final mods to get a Skyline (at last :lol:)

Some figures from my ownership

2 Exhausts (both of which ended up being modified to make them louder :blush: )

4 Sets of decats

1 Set of HFCs

2 Plenums

2 Headunits

2 Strut Braces

2 Intakes

1 ECU

I worked out that if I hadn't wasted money buying N/A parts I would have had about 2/3rds of the cost of a supercharger set up - lesson learnt for next time :ninja:

Final spec list of my Z

****Exterior****

Mine's Carbon Fibre Front Lip

Carbon Fibre Bumper Duct

Mesh Grille

Craftsquare Style Wing Mirrors

C-West Carbon Fibre Canards

Z Side Badges (Black)

Matte Black Door Handles

Nismo Carbon Fibre B-Pillars

S2000 Aerial

2006 Rear LED Lights

JDM Rear Foglight

Rear Bumper Tuck

Z-Speed Aluminium Undertray

****Interior****

2x Bride Cuga Seats

2x Bride HL Seat Rails

Works Bell Short Hub

Works Bell Team Orange Quick Release

Wroks Bell Team Orange Steering Wheel

RSW FRP A-Pillar Pod

ARC Titanium Gear Knob

Bride Shift Boot

Nardi Handbrake Handle

Bride Handbrake Boot

Carbon Fibre Vent Covers

Bride Floor Mats

Nismo 380RS Accelerator Pedal

*****Engine Dress*****

ARC Oil Catch Can (Painted Black)

ARC Gold Oil Cap

ARC Radiator Cap

Baller Bolts ARC Oil Cap Bolts

Carbon Fibre Radiator Panel

Carbon Fibre Battery Cover

Carbon Fibre Battery Cover Surround

Carbon Fibre Brake Fluid Cover

Carbon Fibre Brake Fluid Cover Surround

Gallery Blue Bolt Set

Envy Titanium Strut Bar Bolt Set

Polished Stillen Engine Damper

Weapon-R Coolant Overflow Tank (Painted Black)

Weapon-R Power Steering Tank (Painted Black)

Blue Samco Hose Kit

*****Performance*****

Cosworth Intake Plenum

Deatschwerk 600CC Injectors

Warlbro 255 L/PH Fuel Pump

HKS One Step Colder Spark Plugs

AAM Throttle Body Spacer

AAM Oil Pan Spacer

AAM Fuel Pressure Sensor Adaptor

Setrab Engine Oil Cooler

GReddy Water Temperature Sensor Adaptor

GReddy Oil Block Adaptor

Mocal Oil Block Adaptor

Koyo 54MM Radiator

GTM HKS Stage 2 Supercharger

CJM Stage 0 Return Fuel System

DC Sports Headers

Tomei Decat Pipes

Ichiba Y-Pipe

GReddy Ti-C Exhaust

*****Suspension*****

Cusco Zero2 Coilovers

Cusco Front Anti-Roll Bar

Cusco Rear Anti-Roll Bar

ARC Titanium Strut Brace

*****Electronics*****

Defi V2 Control Unit

Defi Boost Gauge

Defi Oil Temperature Gauge

Defi Oil Pressure Gauge

Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge

Defi Water Temp Gauge

HKS Air Flow/Knock Meter

Scan Gauge II

*****Drivetrain*****

Stainless Steel Clutch Line

*****Wheels*****

19" Volk Racing CE28N Time Attacks (gloss black)

RAYS Red Light Weight Extended Duraluminum Nuts/RAYS black Light Weight Duraluminum Nuts

Volk Racing Limited High Black Edition Centre Caps

Red Valve Caps

Falken FK 452 Tyres

*****ICE*****

Pioneer Avic F310BT

Thanks to most ( :p ) of the regular users on here for putting up with me at times :blush: Nurrish for his help & advice when fitting my S/C, Mark (3FiddyZ) & Dan (Dcash5) for help and advice, Abbey Motorsports for finishing my handywork, Adam @ Z1 Auto for supplying most of the parts, RHD Japan for supplying the rest, Chilli Red for getting my the A-pillar pods and helping me get the rad hose that I burst - not to mention the fantastic hospitality at mod days :thumbs: Ninja Tune Factory for fitting the parts I couldn't be arsed to :lol:

I will be back in a Z one day (hopefully within 18 months) , I already know exactly what I'm doing with the next one :ninja:

• Like 1

:snack: that was a good read, hopefully one day I can go the FI route let's see if I can save up most my money after reading the bulk of money you spent on things you don't need, I wonder if I can learn from that .. :headhurt: , anyways out of curiosity other than your s/c that you put on sale on the forum, is their any parts you still have and looking to get rid of ?

Nice write up mate :thumbs:

"The Original Z Shed TM " :lol:;) - Mines the ZedShed :#1:

Neon's ?? where are the Neon's ???

Is that what " I already know exactly what I'm doing with the next one " refers to? :p

:snack: that was a good read, hopefully one day I can go the FI route let's see if I can save up most my money after reading the bulk of money you spent on things you don't need, I wonder if I can learn from that .. :headhurt: , anyways out of curiosity other than your s/c that you put on sale on the forum, is their any parts you still have and looking to get rid of ?

I've still got the coolant & PS tanks somewhere and a few OEM parts, other than those everything has gone

Great build threat and good quality pictures :D

Give us the bad news though - an estimate of all the mods done!!!!

Chris

Waaaaaaaay too much money spent. Somewhere in the region of 23/24K in parts alone :surrender:

Great write up Ian, enjoyed the read and I'm sure it will prove useful to others memebers considering going FI.

I will be back in a Z one day (hopefully within 18 months) , I already know exactly what I'm doing with the next one :ninja:

Getting bored of the GTR already? ;)

Let me guess, TT 370Z?

Nah, it will be an addition to the fleet ;) Gonna get a cheap 350Z once I sort out the move :)

Nice write up mate :thumbs:

"The Original Z Shed TM " :lol:;) - Mines the ZedShed :#1:

Neon's ?? where are the Neon's ???

Is that what " I already know exactly what I'm doing with the next one " refers to? :p

:lol: You know my Z sheds the best :#1: Who needs doors and heated interiors :p

Nice of you to bring back your epic journey with the zed especilly for new members to model their ideas on.

I still can't believe you and Nurrish for selling so quickly after going FI :surrender: Anyway you got your dream come true with the R34 and can see that a well sorted zed is a bloody good drivers car to own :thumbs:

BTW did you have any fitment issues(eg interference with the streeing column) with the DC headers and also did you go for ceramics or SS?

Nice of you to bring back your epic journey with the zed especilly for new members to model their ideas on.

I still can't believe you and Nurrish for selling so quickly after going FI :surrender: Anyway you got your dream come true with the R34 and can see that a well sorted zed is a bloody good drivers car to own :thumbs:

BTW did you have any fitment issues(eg interference with the streeing column) with the DC headers and also did you go for ceramics or SS?

Ceramics, no fitment interference but the steering rack had to disconnected to make fitment easier. If you do it this way make sure you mark it before taking it apar so that it lines back up or you will get a dashboard like a Christmas tree.

The whole reason for my selling up was 95% due to me bottling the TT, the supercharger never really suited my driving style so I never reallt got on with it that well & you can't beat the thrill of a turbo :teeth:

Ceramics, no fitment interference but the steering rack had to disconnected to make fitment easier. If you do it this way make sure you mark it before taking it apar so that it lines back up or you will get a dashboard like a Christmas tree.

Thanks for the info :thumbs: came accross the steering shaft marking when disconnect so nice to get further reminder not to c%@k up :D But its most likely i would take out the whole engine as it will be easier to do all the jobs with less hassle. Just need to motivate my mechanic to help me with it

The whole reason for my selling up was 95% due to me bottling the TT, the supercharger never really suited my driving style so I never reallt got on with it that well & you can't beat the thrill of a turbo :teeth:

I agree with you they are very different animals and i eventually have talked myself out of a vortech SC which was always my prefered Sc option;). Did you ever consider the midmount or rear mount ST options? What where your thoughts?

Dropping the engine will be a whole lot easier and tbh there probably wont be a lot of difference time wise compared to doing them in situ.

I was gonna get the GTM twin turbo set up, I did look at the rear mount & midmounts and although really well built he couldn't guarantee fitment on RHD car.

Lovely zed you had there Ian. At the risk of asking a daft question, did you need an arch rolling for those wheels and the drop you had on the coilovers??

Cheers

They needed a roll once I swapped to a 285/35 rear tyre, they were fine with the 275s I had before that :thumbs:

Lovely zed you had there Ian. At the risk of asking a daft question, did you need an arch rolling for those wheels and the drop you had on the coilovers??

Cheers

They needed a roll once I swapped to a 285/35 rear tyre, they were fine with the 275s I had before that :thumbs:

Ta bud :thumbs: Reason I ask is that post-winter I'm fancying some 19 inch rota grids, which seem to be a very similar fitment, and maybe a slight drop on BC coilovers :) Didn't really want to have to bother rolling the arches so happy days!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

IyEb5vG.jpg

So, shortly before selling my car I had a photo shoot done for Japanese Performance magazine.

zh77FyZ.jpg

80Yoxt7.jpg

xjI51aC.jpg

4jN3gbE.jpg

vAlT9AP.jpg

P4s8BCS.jpg

A2dI7lH.jpg

VSEWtUJ.jpg

mEMZJcH.jpg

QcW4C5K.jpg

WIf6dPm.jpg

PDgnKGA.jpg

cyLiHRj.jpg

7y6QNLU.jpg

yJzxyz7.jpg

HT02XBe.jpg[

After selling my Z, I went through a number of cars (R34 GTR, R33 GTR, Supra TT, 2JZ 350Z, Impreza STI, R33 GTR, R33 GTR again!, Integra DC5.

Then in August 2016, I decided that I had to have another Z but not just any Z - I wanted my Z. Luckily the person I had sold it too still had it, although he wasn't looking to sell it - I made an offer that was accepted and I picked it up for the second time at the end of August.

IMG_4744_zpsrmi9jgum.jpg

At this point, it still had the DC headers fitted, it also had Berk HFC's and Invidia Gemini Exhaust - everything else was standard..................................................

image.jpeg

Edited by Ian

Less than a week after buying it back, I ordered a new exhaust setup.

* Tomei Titanium decat pipes

* Tomei Titanium Y-Pipe

* Tomei Titanium Exhaust

014c24a31f2e45d78ae95b4ddf56a3acf753908b6d_zps7mwavn9l.jpg

012d49b42f1ce0760cb731456305047c03e045f7

012c0966bbe3c623ed23d33e4041134bfb35a1d8

Quite honestly, this was stupid. I like my cars to be loud but even by my standards this was ridiculous. I was embarrassed to drive it and my Mrs hated it.

The car spent a year parked up outside my parents house whilst we saved for a house. Once we had finally moved into our new house, I chucked a new battery on it, gave it a service and a Cobra (i think) exhaust and I was back on the road.

I've toyed with selling it over the past few months due to the impending birth of our first child in February - but I haven't found anything that I want for the money I would have to spend. My wife though, is keen for me to rekindle my passion for cars and to have a project to get my teeth in to :teeth:

Once my garage has been finished, its time to start the project :) At the moment I am leaning towards another supercharged build, however I do still have some 2JZ parts left over :ninja:

• Like 1