How do you program the key fob to the car?

mec

Does anyone know how to program a key fob into the car, i've tried the guides on the web and it doesn't seen to work... So i've ended up wiping out the second fob i had too.

Has anyone tried this and been able to get it to work? It's on an '04 uk z.

Cheers

Yep they are both the orginal key fobs, there's a process in the service manual? On my phone at the moment i'll have to look that up when i get back home... Is it in the pdf service manual from 350z tech.com?

cheers guys, its a really pain as the alarm goes off everytime i open the car!

Guest prescience
Yep they are both the orginal key fobs, there's a process in the service manual? On my phone at the moment i'll have to look that up when i get back home... Is it in the pdf service manual from 350z tech.com?

cheers guys, its a really pain as the alarm goes off everytime i open the car!

yes there is, it's in BL.pdf and it differs from those discussed on the web that I've seen - not markedly but there are differences.

As I noted, you will probably only be able to track down the US manual easily and one of the steps talks about the driver's door - whether that equates on UK cars to the 'driver's door' or the left hand door (driver's door in US obviously), I don't know.

Guest prescience
Absolutely bloody marvellous, worked a dream!!! Prescience you now have god status in my eyes!

Which service manual did that come out of as I've got the wrong one? :)

Euro manual. Nice one :D:yahoo:

prescience == :#2:

teddy == :#1:

Guest prescience

It would be interesting to see if el cheapo eBay keys can be made to work with this procedure, on the basis that it is clearly right for UK cars whereas the other web-posted instructions are wrong.

One thing I noticed while doing it, is you can't see the lights flash as it doesn't illuminate the dashboard indicator signals. You just have to count how many times the indicator relay clicks (the relay click sound comes from the passenger side foot well).

• 2 weeks later...

I tried all the guides online to re-program my remote fobs when the stopped working - none of them worked :-(

had to take it in to the dealers who told me there was a lose connection on the remote reciever so the car wasnt getting any signal - covered under warrenty thankfully.

To get the keys done it is £22 a key.

Full credit to Halifax Nissan though - good service and they didnt check that I had left the hire car with 3 miles left before empty!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for the info above I'm sure it'll be very useful to me ... Although I do have a few questions ...

Does the key that's in the ignition have to be the one which you are re-programming?

My situation is that I have just purchased a second keyfob from eBay which will need cutting ... but in the mean time can I use my exisiting key to do the "ON - LOCK" procedure and then press the buttons on my new keyfob?

I will be getting the new keycut at somepoint but would like to know that I have the programming part of it done before ... just being impatient LoL