Project JDM WhoreTake 2

Ian

Part 1 is Herefor those that have never seen it :)

I first bought this car in 2006 and I sold it in 2011. Just 3 weeks ago I contacted Roscopervis who bought it from me to see if he wanted to sell it back to me. Thankfully he agreed and I picked her up 2 weekends ago :teeth:

It was still very low mileage (only 61K) and still had the DC Sports manifolds that i fitted, and has since had Berk HFC and an Invidia Gemini exhaust fitted - Both of these are soon to be for sale :ninja: The body work needs a little bit of attention, the bonnet has started corroding aswell so I'll get a HR bonnet soon for that :)

Parked up with my DC5

IMG_4740_zps2arjllqv.jpg

Only done a few little mods so far :)

Fitted a new Pioneer headunit

IMG_4792_zps2un00fgi.jpg

Fitted my lucky HKS AFK (I've had this in every car since I owned this car first time round) although I still need to buy another sensor for the second channel

IMG_4793_zpso8vgzppa.jpg

Fitted some smoked indicators

IMG_4790_zpsuayatwfz.jpg

I also treated myself to a new manifold back exhaust system comprising of

Tomei Expreme Titanium decats

Z34_stpipe_kit_b-743c4ef8_zpstkvdbvb5.jpg

Tomei Expreme Titanium Y-pipe

ti_z_Y_cut_b-3ee61c08_zpsz5ov7twe.jpg

and ofcourse, the Tomei Expreme Titanium exhaust

Z34_muffler_kit_b-f3e030e5_zpsj4pwjbqn.jpg

Should be here by the end of the month :teeth:

Got a few plans over winter to get the body work sorted

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

:cloud9: :cloud9:

014c24a31f2e45d78ae95b4ddf56a3acf753908b6d_zps7mwavn9l.jpg

012d49b42f1ce0760cb731456305047c03e045f777_zpspen1v0cj.jpg

This exhaust really is a work of art and from the whole system weighs just 11KG (Cats, Y-pipe and exhaust)

Setup my ramps and it was time to work

01b232159372f4bc8d478f7c7cc722cf7b504aa441_zpstetvzxab.jpg

unfortunatley the majority of bolts on the Invidia exhaust that was on there had rusted and I ended up having to cut them off which was time consuming :(

It took me a good 10 or so hours to do the whole lot but for the most part I was working by myself

IMG_5074_zpsglmxemoc.jpg

IMG_5075_zpsk9z5mpi9.jpg

IMG_5076_zpsykj9htj8.jpg

DSC_0790_zpsrtr6c5c4.jpg

For anyone who had the (mis)pleasure of hearing my last single setup and knows the ridculousness of it have heard nothing yet. This thing is ridiculously loud, too loud. Its pretty obnoxious :lol: I may end up putting the cats back in a few weeks depending on how I get on with it. Ill get some videos of the mentalness before then though :lol:

I also bought a blue hose kit to replace all hoses in the engine as a winter project :)

010d530e33812f12764e9eeb463408228c3ca75e75_zpsrvvsrkor.jpg

• Like 2

Im surprised youve not heard it :lol: I think half of Caerphilly can hear me. I dropped the Mrs off in town today outside the bank and I had to go back around town to get out and she could hear me my entire way around town :lol:

I managed to get a little idle video when I got back this afternoon, no revving videos yet - my neighbours hate me enough as it is

I put the bung in and will try driving it with that in tomorrow but its not much quieter :lol:

• Like 2

I bet that's seriously loud on full throttle going from that first video. :scare:

Don't put the bung in though you wimp, :lol: ...you knew it would be loud before you bought it I'm sure. :teeth:;)

I've not been full throttle yet, anything above 3000 revs and my ears start to bleed :lol:

I knew it would be loud but I underestimated just how loud :blush:

• 4 weeks later...